G&R Tactical
Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3947484950 LastLast
Results 481 to 490 of 492

Thread: Vintage AR and Clone pic thread.....

  1. #481
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,365
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ssimo View Post
    Interesting. Which vfg was in use back then?

    Ahah! Yes, looking more closely it can be clearly seen it's a Real picture..too bad
    In Vietnam and into the 90's M16 pistol grips were sometimes repurposed as vertical grips, sometimes chopped and sometimes not, and just bolted onto carbine handguards. You see pics of XM177s with them now and again. That's what I did with my GUU clone above, that's a chopped A1 grip I'm using as a VFG there.
    As far as purpose built vertical grips, I'm not really sure who came up with the first one to hit the market, Knights maybe? But everyone jumped on that bandwagon pretty quickly.
    Last edited by Circle_10; 09-17-19 at 14:18.

  2. #482
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    27
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Circle_10 View Post
    In Vietnam and into the 90's M16 pistol grips were sometimes repurposed as vertical grips, sometimes chopped and sometimes not, and just bolted onto carbine handguards. You see pics of XM177s with them now and again. That's what I did with my GUU clone above, that's a chopped A1 grip I'm using as a VFG there.
    As far as purpose built vertical grips, I'm not really sure who came up with the first one to hit the market, Knights maybe? But everyone jumped on that bandwagon pretty quickly.
    Cool! Thanks for the informations. 70's military rifles were awsome. I am currently putting togheter a bm59 para version

  3. #483
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,044
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I'm trying to post a picture, but the drag and drop procedure doesnt work on my cell phone. Anybody know a solution?

  4. #484
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    24
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Uni-Vibe View Post
    I'm trying to post a picture, but the drag and drop procedure doesnt work on my cell phone. Anybody know a solution?
    Use Tapatalk for your phone. It makes posting pics easy. Just click on the mountains:



    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  5. #485
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    23
    Feedback Score
    0
    I updated my post #221 on Page 23 above to remove the piece of $hit foto-suck-it links to postimg. You can now see my Colt Model 639 in all its beauty.
    “Elections have consequences, and at the end of the day, I won.”
    – Barack Hussein Obama, January 23, 2009

  6. #486
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    232
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

  7. #487
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    246
    Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    a brownells i modified.

    Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
    "If you're gonna be a bear...Be a ****ing Grizzly!"

  8. #488
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,365
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Trailer trash 727 clone. Rattle-canned grey, spray-gloss handguards, improvised VFG....
    IMG_20191018_105844.jpg

  9. #489
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Sodom & Gomorrah on the Sound - Seattle, Wash., Left Coast Hell
    Posts
    2,292
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by macnamara View Post
    a brownells i modified.

    Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
    Looks just in off patrol... a display that when I get my classroom, I'd love my students to have the chance to learn from while covering Nam.
    You really have to ask why Conservatives have guns? Because Liberals block freeways, burn cities, throw Molotov cocktails, loot, turn over cop cars, and think this behavior is Socially Acceptable.
    --unknown, memed by user "KeepnitReel" at Northwest Firearms

    The NRA: Fighting Democratic Party terrorists with military-style assault weapons since 1871. LIFE MEMBER

    No affiliation with Diamondback Firearms, or any other manufacturer/distributor/retailer.

  10. #490
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    246
    Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamondback View Post
    Looks just in off patrol... a display that when I get my classroom, I'd love my students to have the chance to learn from while covering Nam.
    cheers, fella!
    "If you're gonna be a bear...Be a ****ing Grizzly!"

Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3947484950 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •