Page 12 of 57 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Vintage AR and Clone pic thread.....

Feedback Score
    “A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: we did it ourselves.” -Lao Tzu

http://quibphotography.com/

Feedback Score
    Early XM-???, Firing Port Weapon. Bradley Fighting Vehicle Christening Ceremony. Ft. Myer VA., Oct.1981.
    Note the Grease Gun type collapsible stock. Info at the time suggested these were to fire at 1,050rpm, with all tracer ammo in a "final protective fire" type scenario.
    I would like to have seen that demonstrated at night...

Last edited by Smedley; 02-15-11 at 10:55.

Feedback Score

Cleaning rod placement

Pezboy,

Page 208 of "The Black Rifle" has a photo from Vietnam showing a cleaning rod 'taped' (although it appears to be held on by sewn elastic bands) in the same way.

The only differences are, that it is on the left side of the carry handle, and doesn't sit as far back due to the length of the barrel, but does come to level with the charging handle.

I have seen a couple of other photos with similar placements, but can't reference them at present. There is also one on TOS in the M-16 Retro Forum on page 1 of the discussion 'Early M16 problems in Vietnam'.

Regards.

Mark
    Last edited by MWL; 02-21-11 at 09:16. Reason: Found a photo you can look at if you don't have TBR.

Feedback Score
    Latest project Model 656 sinper.

By fmj52 at 2011-03-11

By fmj52 at 2011-03-11

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FMJ52 View Post
    Latest project Model 656 sinper.

By fmj52 at 2011-03-11

By fmj52 at 2011-03-11

That's legitimately bad ass.
    Employee of colonialshooting.com

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    That dude who wanted to build the Golgo 13 rifle is going to be very jealous.

I keep forgetting to post my retro stuff here.

Battle of the Black Sea...

"Life is short, but the years are long." - Robert A. Heinlein

Feedback Score
    5 (86%)
    Alright, a few disclaimers here before the pics. First off, I know it is not a true M16A1 clone, in fact a bit far from it. Second, its not complete. But the story is, I got a good friend of mine into ARs last year, after swearing up and down he had no use or interest in them. Back then I got him a BCM LW middy on a lower I built for him. Needless to say, it didn't take long for him to be hooked. For his next rifle, he decided he wanted something that looked like the M16A1 he was issued in Viet Nam in '67. He also wanted it to be a good shooter, and price was a concern. We found a A1 upper at a gun show that looked like it may have never been fired. The barrel is not correct for the build, its an FN 1:7, but the look is close enough, and the function great. We added on a surplus BCG, and the triangle HG and stock. We still need the A1 pistol grip, and he is considering a Nodak lower (the lower on there now is the one from his BCM), but this rifle looks nice, and shoots well.

Feedback Score
    Very nice djegators! It might not be the perfect example of a Retro rifle, but it certainly is an excellent example of the Spirit Of Retro!
    “A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: we did it ourselves.” -Lao Tzu

Feedback Score
    5 (86%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Quib View Post
    Very nice djegators! It might not be the perfect example of a Retro rifle, but it certainly is an excellent example of the Spirit Of Retro!
    Thank you. To see the look in my buddy's eyes as the memories flooded back to him was priceless. Almost in tears. And to see the joy when he fired off several hundred rounds at the range was a joy as well.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by djegators View Post
    To see the look in my buddy's eyes as the memories flooded back to him was priceless. Almost in tears. And to see the joy when he fired off several hundred rounds at the range was a joy as well.
    I can understand your bud's emotions. Shooting that rifle would bring back the same memories for me.

Page 12 of 57 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast