Page 40 of 57 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Thread: Vintage AR and Clone pic thread.....

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    I've already posted pics of my rifle in other parts of the forum, but I figured it probably belongs somewhere here in the vintage AR thread. Full description is posted in the Custom Build thread for those interested. As expected it's a very sweet shooter.

Feedback Score

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer_Man View Post
    I've already posted pics of my rifle in other parts of the forum, but I figured it probably belongs somewhere here in the vintage AR thread. Full description is posted in the Custom Build thread for those interested. As expected it's a very sweet shooter.

Nice rifle. Love it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer_Man View Post

Nice, but I wouldn’t call a lot of that retro.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pipboy344 View Post
    Nice, but I wouldn’t call a lot of that retro.
    It's a "Vintage AR" thread. Vintage is exclusive to a "period of origin or manufacturer." Meaning any period not to exclude the current vintage. That said Retro is a vintage of the past.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Core781 View Post
    It's a "Vintage AR" thread. Vintage is exclusive to a "period of origin or manufacturer." Meaning any period not to exclude the current vintage. That said Retro is a vintage of the past.
    99% of what is here is Vietnam-era & Mogadishu-era clones.

There’s posts in earlier pages stating what is and isn’t vintage, and your rifle qualifies for that by the receivers, stock, & pistol grip, but not a lot else.

There’s someone a few pages back who tried to argue an M4A1 is “vintage”.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pipboy344 View Post
    99% of what is here is Vietnam-era & Mogadishu-era clones.

There’s posts in earlier pages stating what is and isn’t vintage, and your rifle qualifies for that by the receivers, stock, & pistol grip, but not a lot else.

There’s someone a few pages back who tried to argue an M4A1 is “vintage”.
    Well if you look up the definition of "Vintage" it's specific to a period of manufacture or period of origin. So every rifle is "Vintage." I believe what you are saying is that this is actually a "Retro" forum, in which case a change to the title may be in order if you are going to continue to press the issue. Or I might suggest starting a specific retro vintage thread like SP1, etc.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Circle_10 View Post
    I redid this carbine as a slickside and since it can now do a pretty good GUU-5/P impression I decided to have some fun and posed it with a gas mask and the TOP SECRET MAJIC-12 Operations Manual dealing with the recovery and disposal of extraterrestrial entities and technology.
    So here's the USAF/MAJESTIC-12 crash retrieval team carbine.
    What sling is that? Forgive my ignorance.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Core781 View Post
    Nice rifle. Love it.
    Thanks! I love it too.

Feedback Score
    (disregard the last here)
    Last edited by GRA556; 09-16-18 at 13:52.
    Never forget every word you spoke when you took your oath of office.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Circle_10 View Post
    I redid this carbine as a slickside and since it can now do a pretty good GUU-5/P impression I decided to have some fun and posed it with a gas mask and the TOP SECRET MAJIC-12 Operations Manual dealing with the recovery and disposal of extraterrestrial entities and technology.
    So here's the USAF/MAJESTIC-12 crash retrieval team carbine.
    LOL ... I spent 4 years in TAC and never heard of such a manual. Are these manuals obsolete now?
    Never forget every word you spoke when you took your oath of office.

Page 40 of 57 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast