Page 43 of 57 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast

Thread: Vintage AR and Clone pic thread.....

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by demkofour View Post
    I picked up this Colt AR-15, used, way back in 1981-82 (?) with an original Colt 3x20 scope. It's a model marked SP1, serial # range of SP128XXX, marked Colt's Firearms Division. Still looks like it's hardly been handled...
    Very nice. I have a very nice 1981 SP1 Carbine myself.
    "A Bad Day At The Range Is Better Than A Great Day Working"

USMC Force Recon 1978-1984
    US Air Force Res. 1995-2004 (Air Transportation)
    M16/AR15 shooter since 1978, gun collector and AR builder since 2004

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I updated my GUU-5/P so now it actually has an A1 style lower (A Brownells blem), the GUUs were most often seen with no fence, partial fence, or A1 lowers. I think the non matching upper and lower really works for this carbine considering the frankengun heritage of the real USAF GUUs.

Also I had to do the UFO thing again

One that I did a while ago and I don't believe I ever posted here. Just having some fun.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Circle_10 View Post
    I updated my GUU-5/P so now it actually has an A1 style lower (A Brownells blem), the GUUs were most often seen with no fence, partial fence, or A1 lowers. I think the non matching upper and lower really works for this carbine considering the frankengun heritage of the real USAF GUUs.

One that I did a while ago and I don't believe I ever posted here. Just having some fun.

So beautiful it hurts.

Feedback Score
    Those are nice. I like the lightness of an A1style rifle a lot but I've got a stripped A2 upper that may get turned into an A2 rifle at some point.
    I’ll trade you a rifle for an A1 or earlier clone. I am desperate for something like a Colt SP1, been looking for years for a shooter. 4C53A086-D578-421D-AC53-A75DD3472CBC.jpg

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I even named 'em... Des and Troy. You see, when you put them together, THEY DESTROY.

Top is an unfired SP1 from my birthyear, Bottom is an all minty Colt M-16A1 parts kit (with a D Stock) built on a Nodak lower- both I recently picked up on Gunbroker

PRAISE THE FALLEN
    SSG Kevin Roberts KIA 7-May-08
    1Lt Nick Dewhirst KIA 20-July-08
    Cpl Charles Gaffney KIA 24-Dec-08
    Spc Peter Courcy KIA 10-Feb-09
    PFC Jason Watson KIA 10-Feb-09

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by demkofour View Post
    I picked up this Colt AR-15, used, way back in 1981-82 (?) with an original Colt 3x20 scope. It's a model marked SP1, serial # range of SP128XXX, marked Colt's Firearms Division. Still looks like it's hardly been handled...
    If you don't mind me asking, what did it take to bring it home ballpark wise? Reason I'm asking is I'm in the market for one.

Yours looks awesome, and I know they feel even more awesome in the hands! Congrats, and hope to join the club one day

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)

that rifle looks great

i have a 5/P clone , it's a great handling and shooting rifle

pic thread

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Nice! I would have gone with a blem partial fence lower instead if they had been on sale as cheaply as the A1 blems, but Black Friday had my cash going in all different directions so every dollar I could save counted haha.
    I agree on the handling. For some reason it just *feels* like it handles better than my 727 style gun, even though the latter isn't much heavier.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Just playing with the Bipod and a Bayonet today.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Nice! I would have gone with a blem partial fence lower instead if they had been on sale as cheaply as the A1 blems, but Black Friday had my cash going in all different directions so every dollar I could save counted haha.
    I agree on the handling. For some reason it just *feels* like it handles better than my 727 style gun, even though the latter isn't much heavier.
    i hear you , geissele drained my gun fund on black friday

that was an a2 lower that i worked over , i think i have more hours in that lower than any other build i've done.

Page 43 of 57 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast