Page 54 of 57 FirstFirst ... 4445253545556 ... LastLast

Thread: Vintage AR and Clone pic thread.....

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade04 View Post
    When TOrrock started this thread years ago, he clearly stated, "Vintage AR and Clone pic thread.....
    OK guys, let's show those vintage AR's and clones thereof."

He is addressing original and vintage ARs (civilian and military) and clones of them. Again, this DOES NOT include modern flat-top ARs. If it did, there would be a lot more posted, but others understand the topic of this thread. There are other places for modern clones to be posted.
    I agree with this.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    This is my sorta kinda Colt 603 build. The whole thing started from getting a furniture set off Reddit, and then finding a Colt upper receiver at a gunshow.

Feedback Score

My M16A2 Commando/Colt RO733 clone

Last edited by TexasRifleman; 02-16-21 at 11:07. Reason: Add images

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TriggerFish View Post
    Although that is a neat looking AR, I am sorry to inform you that is not a vintage AR (military or commercial) or a clone of such. This discussion is primarily for any AR-15/M16 that was made with a non-detachable carrying handle upper. Yours is not even a clone of a military model.
    "A Bad Day At The Range Is Better Than A Great Day Working"

USMC Force Recon 1978-1984
    US Air Force Res. 1995-2004 (Air Transportation)
    M16/AR15 shooter since 1978, gun collector and AR builder since 2004

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Better?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TriggerFish View Post

Better?
    Much better. I see a little 607 inspiration in this build.
    "A Bad Day At The Range Is Better Than A Great Day Working"

USMC Force Recon 1978-1984
    US Air Force Res. 1995-2004 (Air Transportation)
    M16/AR15 shooter since 1978, gun collector and AR builder since 2004

Feedback Score
    Wondering if your wife was upset about the oil stain on her super plush shower rug.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    After at least 6 years in the making, I present my XM16E1 clone. This was truly a labor of love. I gave up budgeting for it as it had to be totally correct.
    There are very few cheats. The biggest is, of course, that the lower receiver is a replica by Nodak Spud and not an original Colt. At one point I unironically looked for a scrap SP1 just for the lower. But I figured not to let the best be the enemy of the good enough.

The barrel, however, is original as is the flash hider. It was just right place and right time to get an authentic Colt 1/12 barrel that was unfired and unissued. I doubt I could do it again. The Stock is also original and without a number. It has a chrome bolt but not pictured. The observant will notice the dimpled takedown pins and safety. The magazine is an original Colt but not necessarily a 1960s magazine. It’s the oldest magazine I have.

I will never part with this rifle

I listened to this over and over when I assembled the final pieces. There are parts on this rifle that are almost 60 years old. It looks as new as is possible using original parts

I don’t have another build like this in me.
    Wake the f*ck up, Samurai

Feedback Score
    Well done. Great music video also, reminds me of the time I was in theater and a young Marine, maybe 19, broke down as we hunkered down in an air raid shelter. I pulled my mask off and told him it was going to be okay. I asked him if I looked scared? He smiled and laughed and the tears dried up. Our ungrateful leadership does not deserve to feed off the blood of our 19 year olds. They certainly don't treat us with the respect we deserve when we come home bent and broken. My father and uncles fought the Nam, my Grandfathers WWII and Korea, so on and so forth. Career politicians play football with out rights in Washington. It needs to stop, and we need to all hold a Convention of States and reign these tyrants in. Enjoy your rifle she looks great!

Page 54 of 57 FirstFirst ... 4445253545556 ... LastLast