Page 55 of 57 FirstFirst ... 5455354555657 LastLast

Thread: Vintage AR and Clone pic thread.....

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)

Vintage AR and Clone pic thread.....

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    After at least 6 years in the making, I present my XM16E1 clone. This was truly a labor of love.

Dude! That is absolutely fabulous. Seriously, nice freakin’ job. I have developed a thing for the classic ARs and your rifle is legit.
    Last edited by Korgs130; 05-08-21 at 19:28.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I finally decided to take the trade-in Colt 733 upper out for a spin today. Haven’t really been in a hurry as I already had a 733 clone upper I use as a shooter. I popped the 733 upper on my SBR lower and fired off a few rounds of 55 gr ball.
    Looking up the bore from the breech end and comparing the rifling with that from some of my other ARs, the Colt’s looked like maybe it was a bit worn or something to me so I was curious how well it would group but at 100 yards it turned out one 5-shot and one 6-shot group measuring just under 3” each. Which is fine by me for an 11.5” with iron sights and 55gr ball. Only caveat is that the POI very high above POA.
    I suspected it had probably been zeroed at 25yds or something and the results on target at 100yds bore that suspicion out. I did mess with the windage a bit at 50yards beforehand but didn’t touch the elevation as the front post is one of those night sights that can only be adjusted in 360-degree increments. I don’t intend to put a lot of rounds through this upper, as like I said, I’ve got a clone for that. But it was nice to get it out there.

“We’re here for the bank’s money, not your money. Your money is insured by the federal government, you’re not gonna lose a dime.”

Last edited by Circle_10; 05-14-21 at 05:23.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Feedback Score
    Very nice. I have NOS big button Govt. Contract FAs in the white, if anyone needs one for a period correct retro build. Its hard to find parts these days. I can blacken them and complete them as an assembly, as they come unassembled. They were manufactured in the early 1970's to mid and used on few models before they switched to the teardrop. PM me if you need one for a clone.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Might end up swapping the flash hider for a kac one to run a nt4 on it.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Circle_10 View Post
    I finally decided to take the trade-in Colt 733 upper out for a spin today. Haven’t really been in a hurry as I already had a 733 clone upper I use as a shooter. I popped the 733 upper on my SBR lower and fired off a few rounds of 55 gr ball.
    Looking up the bore from the breech end and comparing the rifling with that from some of my other ARs, the Colt’s looked like maybe it was a bit worn or something to me so I was curious how well it would group but at 100 yards it turned out one 5-shot and one 6-shot group measuring just under 3” each. Which is fine by me for an 11.5” with iron sights and 55gr ball. Only caveat is that the POI very high above POA.
    I suspected it had probably been zeroed at 25yds or something and the results on target at 100yds bore that suspicion out. I did mess with the windage a bit at 50yards beforehand but didn’t touch the elevation as the front post is one of those night sights that can only be adjusted in 360-degree increments. I don’t intend to put a lot of rounds through this upper, as like I said, I’ve got a clone for that. But it was nice to get it out there.

“We’re here for the bank’s money, not your money. Your money is insured by the federal government, you’re not gonna lose a dime.”

Nice. There is just something about the classic carbine- the fixed carry handle and short barrel looks so right.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)

If I had that gun, I'd take the bird cage flash hider off and put a "moderator" style flash hider and turn it into an XM177E2

Does anybody know where I can get an upper with carry handle and 11.5" barrel? or something like the upper in that picture?

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    If I had that gun, I'd take the bird cage flash hider off and put a "moderator" style flash hider and turn it into an XM177E2

Does anybody know where I can get an upper with carry handle and 11.5" barrel? or something like the upper in that picture?
    I like the Vietnam era stuff like the XMs too, but I grew up during the 80s and 90s so the Retro guns from that era are my personal favorites. Plus the Heat bank robbery shootout of course - the finest depiction of the Colt 733 ever in popular culture.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    I like the Vietnam era stuff like the XMs too, but I grew up during the 80s and 90s so the Retro guns from that era are my personal favorites. Plus the Heat bank robbery shootout of course - the finest depiction of the Colt 733 ever in popular culture.
    Hey friend,

There is nothing wrong with your set up, it is your choice. I grew up during the Southeast Asian war so the XM is near and dear to my heart

I'm glad you are enjoying your gun.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    A few different choices here: https://www.tntesales.com/a1

Page 55 of 57 FirstFirst ... 5455354555657 LastLast