Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: #4 Buckshot...not so bad?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by m24shooter View Post
    FCC's position on this when asked about a FC tactical buck load for #1 is that there isn't enough interest (?!) in this for them to make it.
    That is correct.

I spoke with a Rep at the SHOT Show and explained our desire for some hardened, plated, and buffered, #1 Buck in a Flight Control Wad.

He stated that there was simply not enough customer interest or demand for that product.

I told him, "How can there be "demand" if you don't offer it?"

He said, "Our product offerings are effected by what the military and law enforcement want, and they want 00 Buckshot."

By the way, I had quite a long discussion with him about the FBI minimum penetration standards and why we want #1 Buck and he was very knoweldgable about the subject. He agreed with everything I said, but then just shrugged and said, "There isn't enough demand."

It's not available because there isn't enough demand, and there isn't enough demand because it is unavailable.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by KCabbage View Post
    Behold gentlemen. This is the largest compilation of 12 gauge shotgun data i've ever come across, enjoy. http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=109958

-If linking data from another site isn't allowed I am quite alright with this post being deleted.
    Just keep in mind that the gel blocks used in those examples is incorrectly calibrated and overrepresents the penetration of the loads by 15-20% or more.
    Death hangs over thee: whilst yet thou livest, whilst thou mayest, be good.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by m24shooter View Post
    FCC's position on this when asked about a FC tactical buck load for #1 is that there isn't enough interest (?!) in this for them to make it.
    I would agree... 00 Buck is the pellet size getting the most attention, thus the most research and development...

I personally think that the 9-pellet 'Low Recoil' 00 Buck loads are the way to go, and I like the Brenneke 'Tactical Home Defense' 1 ounce solid slug if I need a slug load (which is also 'Low Recoil')...
    Last edited by Glock17JHP; 05-14-10 at 20:08.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123