Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Should I just go ahead and put a D ring on all my AR15 extractors?

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by koji View Post
    Interesting stuff. I bought a BCM middy off of a shooting buddy a few months back and the extractor had an o-ring on it. Not sure if it came like that or if he put it on there himself. I've put 600-ish rounds through it my last couple range trips and haven't had any hiccups yet.

If it's been a non-issue so far should I just leave it or pull it off? I should mention that after my G19 this would be my go-to weapon (or at least I'd like it to be my go-to weapon). If the o-ring is a potential reliability issue in a mid-length I'll yank it off right now.
    If it is running fine for you, leave it on I suppose. Your middy shouldn't need one, though.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rrpederson View Post
    man, dont get it, none of the rifles i have ever been issued, shot or owned have never needed such a thing. are u having an issue with extracting?
    Can you tell us where, when, and why they were introduced in the first place?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Katar View Post
    One addendum:

If you plan on shooting a lot of steel case ammo it would probably be useful as well.
    Can you elaborate as to why? Steel is more prone to sticking in the chamber maybe?

Also, downbad, I don't use those orings and I think I have 2 left over from the last BCM servicing I did. I would send them snail to you if you want.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Steel cases don't undergo plastic deformation to the extent that brass cases do, thereby allowing a bit more blowback past the case, ultimately plating out on the chamber walls. This can lead to some sticky cases.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Learning has occurred.

Thank you sir.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12