Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: SR-25 EM Carbine History

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by freefalle7 View Post
    Yep the LMT beat it and the HK 417 for their Sniper/DM rifle contract

FREE
    I'm not KAC, nor do I represent them... I don't own part of their company... I actually ordered my first product from them day before yesterday.

But, if you're referencing the U.K. Contract, their Rep (who it's been suggested more than once he's been fired, probably because of this, who knows, just pure speculation on my behalf) showed up with a SR-25 with a shell deflector that got them disqualified from the contract, because it hampered the optic they wanted to use from being mounted.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=56340&page=3

I wouldn't use a prior employee showing up with something configured a certain way and botching a military contract, as guidance on what weapons system to buy.

Their product was ineligible to compete because of it's added on part, that falls squarely on that one Rep and whoever added that part on, that's not a factory feature.

I mean, I'm not going to fight one way or another, but see the situation for what it really is, not "LMT beat KAC because their product is superior." They didn't get to compete.

Personally, I wouldn't spend that amount of money on either one of those rifles before I could fire each and make my own deductions. I realize that might be harder to do, but... it is a significant amount of money.

YMMV.

ETA: (Modified "what it really is not. "LMT.... to "what it really is, not "LMT....)
    Last edited by BWT; 06-26-10 at 23:54.

Feedback Score
    I was reffering to the LMT beating the HK417 and the SCAR-H

I was not talking about the SR-25, sorry for the confusion

Yep the LMT beat it and the HK 417 for their Sniper/DM rifle contract

FREE
    Quote Originally Posted by BWT View Post
    I'm not KAC, nor do I represent them... I don't own part of their company... I actually ordered my first product from them day before yesterday.

But, if you're referencing the U.K. Contract, their Rep (who it's been suggested more than once he's been fired, probably because of this, who knows, just pure speculation on my behalf) showed up with a SR-25 with a shell deflector that got them disqualified from the contract, because it hampered the optic they wanted to use from being mounted.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=56340&page=3

I wouldn't use a prior employee showing up with something configured a certain way and botching a military contract, as guidance on what weapons system to buy.

Their product was ineligible to compete because of it's added on part, that falls squarely on that one Rep and whoever added that part on, that's not a factory feature.

I mean, I'm not going to fight one way or another, but see the situation for what it really is, not "LMT beat KAC because their product is superior." They didn't get to compete.

Personally, I wouldn't spend that amount of money on either one of those rifles before I could fire each and make my own deductions. I realize that might be harder to do, but... it is a significant amount of money.

YMMV.

ETA: (Modified "what it really is not. "LMT.... to "what it really is, not "LMT....)

Feedback Score
    I was reffering to the LMT beating the HK417 and the SCAR-H

I was not talking about the SR-25, sorry for the confusion
    Not problem at all, my mistake.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I just purchased an SR-25 EM rifle. The bolt does not have those cool looking serrations. Does Knights sell replacement BCGs with the serrations? I would like a spare bolt regardless.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrwickwire View Post
    I just purchased an SR-25 EM rifle. The bolt does not have those cool looking serrations. Does Knights sell replacement BCGs with the serrations? I would like a spare bolt regardless.
    Negative, they do not.
    "There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Feedback Score
    Why not?

Is parts that hard to produce? LMT could make them for KAC if need be

Free

Quote Originally Posted by Titleist View Post
    Negative, they do not.

Feedback Score
    41 (98%)
    Don't want to speak for KAC but the EMC and EMR have different roles, and the EMR is not designated as needing a sand cut carrier.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I did not know this, nor could I find any real reference for this in the forums, but KAC does sell a BCG field repair kit. It essentially includes everything except the bolt, carrier, and key. It is a bit expensive, but it might be worth it.

I asked why they do not sell replacement BCGs, their reply was that they never really break. They offer a good point. Has anyone ever seen or heard of a BCG breaking on a KAC rifle?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinB View Post
    You'll notice I have my CQBSS in our (KAC) 34mm Mount...

I'm a huge fan of the CQBSS - to a point I sold the last of my Short Dots.

I mean where else do you get a holographic non position sensitive dot, and a magnified scope all in one.

Kevin is the holographic dot in the CQBSS only in the horus model? From the reviews I have seen on the TMR only the center of the TMR is lit.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789