Thread: Magpul CTR not threaded for rubber butt pad

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)

Magpul CTR not threaded for rubber butt pad

I recently got a good deal on a mil-spec CTR stock on ebay and ordered a Magpul rubber pad for it from Grant. They both got here the same day but I noticed that the stock is not threaded to accept the screws that came with the rubber butt pad. The butt pad clips in there on top and seems like that would hold it but I was curious is it supposed to be that way? Are the screws for the commercial tube version or do I maybe have an earler model that wasn't made to accept the rubber butt pad. Great stock otherwise, very solid, I was more impressed than I thought I would be when I put it on a tube and tightened it down.

Any info would be appreciated.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    All my CTR's take the screws that came with the rubber pad -- all are milspec tube.
    Kevin S. Boland
    Manager, Federal Sales
    FN America, LLC
    Office: 703.288.3500 x181 | Mobile: 407-451-4544 | Fax: 703.288.4505
    www.fnhusa.com

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stik View Post
    I recently got a good deal on a mil-spec CTR stock on ebay and ordered a Magpul rubber pad for it from Grant. They both got here the same day but I noticed that the stock is not threaded to accept the screws that came with the rubber butt pad. The butt pad clips in there on top and seems like that would hold it but I was curious is it supposed to be that way? Are the screws for the commercial tube version or do I maybe have an earler model that wasn't made to accept the rubber butt pad. Great stock otherwise, very solid, I was more impressed than I thought I would be when I put it on a tube and tightened it down.

Any info would be appreciated.
    Call Magpul. We had one come in that didn't have the metal threaded inserts. They sent them (free) and I installed them with a plastic mallet.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Thanks man. I figured it was something like that. The stock is in 100% condition even though it was used so I really didn't think it was a demo or "pre-production" item that was made prior to the butt pad addition.

Thanks again for the info. This site and everyone on it have been so helpful since I found it, wish I would have found it back in 04 when I first started putting together what was my first flat-top carbine. Now I have 3-16" carbines (2 1/9 and 1 1/7 twist), 1-20" 1/8 SS rifle and a 11.5" 1/9 on a registered pistol lower. These black rifles are like crack!!!!!!!

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    I emailed Magpul and they replied and sent them out the same day. GREAT customer service!!!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinB View Post
    All my CTR's take the screws that came with the rubber pad -- all are milspec tube.
    Ditto.
    AMERICAN INFIDEL

Feedback Score
    You might have gotten a preproduction CTR. Some (I dont know if all) preproduction CTRs didn't come with the threaded inserts for the buttpad.