Thread: MAK-91 project completed

Feedback Score

MAK-91 project completed

I bought this Norinco National Match MAK-91 a few years ago during the AWB and it was unfired. The previous owner had completed a few modifications including U.S.-made HTS, ACE fixed stock & tang block, IWD claro walnut furniture and parkerizing. It looked like this:

Right after the AWB sunset I sent the rifle to J. Newt and he installed a side scope rail, threaded the muzzle and Dura-Koted the rifle in OD green. Most recently I decided to go with an all wood furniture configuration. I picked up an unfinished claro-walnut buttstock from Matt @ IWD and I sent to Z-Recto from the AK forum for refinishing. I am very happy with the final product....many thanks to all that have contributed!!

I believe this will be the final evolution of this AK and I hope to get it to the range in the next couple of weeks.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Neat but I'd prefer Black with that wood.

I had no idea there was such a thing as a NM AK of any sorts...

What are the differences in a NM? Did they create a NM to make better use of no bayo lug, smaller mags and a fixed stock during the ban?

Feedback Score
    I am uncertain if the National Match nomenclature referred to the heavier & longer barrel configuration or whether it is post-ban sales bullshit. However, it is definitely the most accurate AK that I have owned.

This was my black one....NHM-91.

Feedback Score
    I don't usually get too excited over these, but have to say that looks really good.