Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Springfield MC Operator vs. TRP?

Feedback Score
    Ok. You can stop now before I start searching the auction sites for one.

Feedback Score
    It is very simple--purchase the MC Oper. Send it to the SA Custom shop to have those things changed that you desire different--checkering, finish, etc... Done deal. Then go shoot it--a lot.

Feedback Score
    http://www.proguns.com/springfieldarmory-operator.asp

Everyone says that the MC Operator is awesome. Now, is the solid color blue operator on top the same as the MC below but just not multi-colored. I guess what I am asking is are they both the same gun with a different paint job. Same reliability and parts that everyone on here swears by?

Reason I am asking is if I wanted a MC Operator do I have to get the multi colored one or the same gun comes in blue also. After drooling on a new Professional that Buds had for sale ($2300) I think I need one. Umm, not a PRO $$$, but next best thing. A MC or TRP for me.

When they are in stock they seem like a good deal. http://www.budspolicesupply.com/cata...oducts_id/1906

Ky Cop
    Last edited by Kentucky Cop; 05-21-10 at 14:07.

Feedback Score
    The one on top is the lightweight operator which has an alloy frame.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

Talking

K guys thanks for the help. Looks like I'll hold out for a MC Op....... When I find one.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HK45 View Post
    The one on top is the lightweight operator which has an alloy frame.
    Oh, so the MC has a stronger frame?

Ky cop

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nrose8989 View Post
    K guys thanks for the help. Looks like I'll hold out for a MC Op....... When I find one.
    NROSE! I found one for ya! http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/p...s_id/411540169

Good luck with your search. They do appear to be hard to find.

Ky cop

Feedback Score
    I recently purchased the MC Operator and I couldn't be more happy with the weapon.

1,500 rounds thus far with no failures, none, nada.

I'm using CMC Power 8's and Wilson Combat 47d magazines.

It's eaten up every brand, shape and size of ammunition that I have spit through her, and it's damn accurate to boot.

I really enjoy this pistola.

Personally I don't drink alot of the "Hilton Yamm" Coolaid, at least not as much as some people, but there is nothing wrong with a Springfield MC Operator. It's one helluva gun. The TRP Operator is a slight step up, but not much. IMHO

As for finding one, yes it's darn near impossible, it seems. I got lucky and stopped in the local FFL to purchase ammo one day and there sat an MC Operator NIB in the case. Needless to say I didn't think twice about leaving with it.
    Last edited by 82ndtrooper; 05-21-10 at 14:38.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I dont mind the checkering on my TRP; I mean, I use VZ Diamondback stocks too

Feedback Score
    I'll take a SA Pro model (either PC9111 or PC9111LR if you want a light rail) any day of the week over an MC Oper, as in my experience, they have run much more reliably right out of the box and been more durable over the long term. Just about every MC Oper I have been around has needed additional QC work to function correctly. On the last one I personally had, the front sight fell off within the first 50 rounds fired, the one before that could not get through a magazine without a failure to feed. FWIW, SA has always been very good about getting them fixed and returned. As always, YMMV.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast