Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast

Thread: North Carolina

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Angus Barn is OK. Just a steak house though. Raleigh and Durham are home to some amazing restaurants and chefs, including a few James Beard nominees/finalists.

Brewery Bhavana is probably the top restaurant in Raleigh right now. Next door is Bida Manda, owned by same brother/sister as Bhavana. Can't go wrong at either.

In Durham Rose's Meat Market and Sweet Shop is insanely good. Very small place, hole in the wall feel.

Also take a look at Ashley Christensen's restaurants: http://ac-restaurants.com. I have eaten at all of them several times, can't go wrong. Death & Taxes is my favorite, and Fox's does prohibition era drinks, plus has a great vibe. Beasley's and Chuck's are cheaper/quicker alternatives for when I have my son with me.

I have a friend that works at Angus Barn and get the hookup, but there is so much on offer in Raleigh, Durham, and Chapel Hill beyond steak and potatoes.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Feedback Score
    Googled a couple of ranges near New Bern, Sureshot gunsports and B& R guns and outdoor range,
    Opinions or experiences with either?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    Angus Barn is OK. Just a steak house though. Raleigh and Durham are home to some amazing restaurants and chefs, including a few James Beard nominees/finalists.

Brewery Bhavana is probably the top restaurant in Raleigh right now. Next door is Bida Manda, owned by same brother/sister as Bhavana. Can't go wrong at either.

In Durham Rose's Meat Market and Sweet Shop is insanely good. Very small place, hole in the wall feel.

Also take a look at Ashley Christensen's restaurants: http://ac-restaurants.com. I have eaten at all of them several times, can't go wrong. Death & Taxes is my favorite, and Fox's does prohibition era drinks, plus has a great vibe. Beasley's and Chuck's are cheaper/quicker alternatives for when I have my son with me.

I have a friend that works at Angus Barn and get the hookup, but there is so much on offer in Raleigh, Durham, and Chapel Hill beyond steak and potatoes.
    Thanks for the great suggestions! Looks like I will have to spend some time in Raleigh more than I think.

Getting everything finalized for my trip out tomorrow. As mentioned, I really enjoy the discussions we can have from our NC locals.

Thanks for everyone's time and suggestions.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    The steak is fair but it's one of the best wine selections on the east coast.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HeruMew View Post
    Landing in at RDU. Thankfully I will be carrying there and will be traveling with my firearm.

So, while I always keep a sharp eye for rough areas when somewhere new, it's a better preset if if I stumble into the wrong area.

Nonetheless, I will get some time to peruse Raleigh a couple evenings and will have to try some of the places. I will take your Angus Barn suggestion. It's not much, but the 40 dollar daily food stipend makes me a little less frugal. Haha.
    From RDU you have to go around Raleigh to get to Rocky Mount. RDU is between Durham and Raleigh. Easy drive unless you get into traffic; the traffic around Raleigh can get shitty. All of you northerners joking about our winters? Yeah, this traffic is because of you people.

$40 won't get you Angus Barn, but it will get you a million other great meals. There's so much good food in this area it's crazy. You can eat nothing but food trucks and still eat 'gourmet.' Now in Rocky Mount, I have no idea.
    Last edited by chuckman; 10-23-17 at 07:49.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaysop View Post
    When I moved down here from NY I was amazed by what people considered cold. I get away with a nice fleece or zip up. I never unpacked my winter clothes.
    It's awesome when it snows 1 inch and the whole world comes to a stop. Not many people have experience driving in it and there are very few plows so the roads get kinda nasty and freeze over.
    My wife is Buffalo; her mom is here as are her three sisters. They all said if they knew NC was this warm in the winter they would have moved years before.

The north gets the snow, but they don't get the ice/sleet/freezing rain that we get, and even northerners can't drive in that.

Feedback Score
    [QUOTE=chuckman;2551014]My wife is Buffalo; her mom is here as are her three sisters. They all said if they knew NC was this warm in the winter they would have moved years before.

The north gets the snow, but they don't get the ice/sleet/freezing rain that we get, and even northerners can't drive in that.[/QUOTE

That's pretty much what i've been driving on for the last month...

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    In light of everything going on, who wants to get together and train? I'm in Haywood county.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Triad here. My family is NC since the beginning. Literally.

Feedback Score
    Some time has past but was wondering if there were any new places to shoot along the I77 corridor north of 485 . . .

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast