Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: North Carolina

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Wilkesboro here.

Feedback Score
    I am happy to say I just bought a house in NC and I am loving it. Haven't been to a range lately, since I'm new to the area. Can anyone in Triangle suggest a decent range?

Feedback Score

Big Hello from Apex !!!

Hi,

Being around NC for the past 15yrs ... settled here and built a family. Now I'm interested in firearms for collection and target practice (perhaps some competition).

Glad to have found this forum!!!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    In the Raeford Area.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HiggsBoson View Post
    I am happy to say I just bought a house in NC and I am loving it. Haven't been to a range lately, since I'm new to the area. Can anyone in Triangle suggest a decent range?
    Where do you live??

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckman View Post
    Where do you live??
    I'm near where Cary and Apex meet. The only public range I know of in the area is the Wake County Firearms Education and Training Center, which I haven't yet checked out.

My neighbor's taking me over to his shooting club in the RTP area to shoot some trap and skeet this afternoon. I've shot some skeet before, but not for years. *PULL* Wish me luck.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    I'm near where Cary and Apex meet. The only public range I know of in the area is the Wake County Firearms Education and Training Center, which I haven't yet checked out.

My neighbor's taking me over to his shooting club in the RTP area to shoot some trap and skeet this afternoon. I've shot some skeet before, but not for years. *PULL* Wish me luck.
    There's a few clubs/ranges. There is the Sir Walter shooting club (I think that's the right name), the Durham Rifle and Pistol Club, Buckhorn Gun Club (both are in Oramge County, south of Efland). The club in RTP, I think I know it. You have options.

Enjoy the skeet. I suck at skeet.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

The Wake County range is good...but its just that, an indoor range. Their staff ranges from pretty knowledgeable to kinda weird. But if you can handle it, its a great place to shoot.

As for trap and skeet, your neighbor is probably referring to the Durham County Wildlife Club out on Hopson Rd. I was a member a while back and it is a WONDERFUL club. Unfortunately I have not visited the new DCWC, but I plan to do so soon.

If you live in Cary/Apex...check out Personal Defense and Handgun Safety Center on Tryon Rd in Raleigh. They have a small indoor range and shop, but their employees are spot on. Here's a link:

http://www.pdhsc.com/

Im in Chapel Hill myself, so maybe I'll see you at the range sometime. Oh, and let me know how the DCWC goes and if you like it.
    Last edited by citizensoldier16; 06-13-10 at 14:09.
    A man with a gun is a citizen. A man without a gun is a subject.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the range tips, guys. I'm finally settling in, so now the itch to get back to the range is uncontrollable again.

Quote Originally Posted by citizensoldier16 View Post
    Oh, and let me know how the DCWC goes and if you like it.
    It was a BLAST! I learned a lot, and I definitely need to go back soon. As with most shooting, I find it addictive.

Feedback Score
    Can anyone in Triangle suggest a decent range?
    I go to Range 37 in Bunn Level. Great folks there, covered outdoor range and it's not too bad a drive from Apex area.
    www.range37.com

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast