Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: North Carolina

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Bickle View Post
    fresh transplant here from NE-PA, don't miss all that snow a bit !

I've been looking around at different ranges, several already mentioned with one exception...Drake's Landing in Fuquay Varina. I just took my CC permit up there and there was a lot going on. The pistol pit I shot at had 5 12" steels at 25 where you pulled a rope to reset. There is also another pistol pit that I didn't get to visit.

They were also finishing up a new 100/200 rifle range with a two story concrete firing line. It looked pretty cool, and should be open about now. They also have skeet leagues & IDPA. Guys around the place are very cool. The whole thing is set up on a farm.

One question for you guys... are there any 'good' shops near the triangle? By good I mean having quality rifles & optics. The couple of shops around here were all dpms/stag/oly/ 'fake' optics. I'm looking for a shop that carries top tier items. Can anybody point me in the right direction?
    Shooters Supply in Fayetteville and Lawmens Safety Supply in Raleigh are about the closest real shops around.

Feedback Score
    Charlotte checking in.

Feedback Score
    Asheville, NC checking in.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Benson-Home of Mule Days.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Bickle View Post
    fresh transplant here from NE-PA, don't miss all that snow a bit !

I've been looking around at different ranges, several already mentioned with one exception...Drake's Landing in Fuquay Varina. I just took my CC permit up there and there was a lot going on. The pistol pit I shot at had 5 12" steels at 25 where you pulled a rope to reset. There is also another pistol pit that I didn't get to visit.

They were also finishing up a new 100/200 rifle range with a two story concrete firing line. It looked pretty cool, and should be open about now. They also have skeet leagues & IDPA. Guys around the place are very cool. The whole thing is set up on a farm.

One question for you guys... are there any 'good' shops near the triangle? By good I mean having quality rifles & optics. The couple of shops around here were all dpms/stag/oly/ 'fake' optics. I'm looking for a shop that carries top tier items. Can anybody point me in the right direction?
    I'm in the Raleigh/Durham area.

I shoot at Personal Defense and Handgun Safety Center on Tryon Rd and also at Range 37/PSR in Lillington. Lawmen's is good to go for firearms and gear. I previously worked at Personal Defense and Handgun Safety Center while in grad school. They are a very good shop, have a 25 yd indoor pistol range, and carry Colt, Daniel Defense, and LMT in the AR15 department. They are also an 01/SOT and have been for many years. There are several guys who work there part time who are into taking training classes and also into title-2 firearms. They do also carry some DPMS type stuff for those who want it, but don't judge them based on this. Most of the guys who work there are very knowledgeable and friendly. There is an on-site gunsmith who carries LMT, PRI, LaRue, Daniel Defense and other top tier items. Shoot me an email at joshuasurowitz [at] gmail [dot] com if you want to shoot sometime.
    Last edited by JoshNC; 06-21-11 at 01:15.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Got to be NC.

Feedback Score
    Live in Jacksonville, work on Mainside and Stone Bay.
    The difference between a revolutionary and a dictator, is a matter of timing.
    والسلام عليكم

Feedback Score
    Whiteville NC living, Wilmington NC working. Glad to be here!

Feedback Score
    Stationed at Bragg and amazed about how much I didn't know about using my duty weapon until I started doing my homework on this site. I am grateful to all who have helped me learn to be a better soldier and informed consumer. Looking forward to training with some of the NC (and possibly VA) members soon!
    Tourniquet, nose hose, chest seal, dart!

In chaos, there is hope!

Feedback Score
    Raleigh NC here. Also if your from NC check out http://WWW.ncgunowners.com. Great group of people on there.

Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast