Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tampa area?

Feedback Score
    140 (100%)
    Have you guys tried the Manatee Gun and Archery Club in Myakka? They seem to host the Appleseed events every couple of months and I know they have a 1k yard range.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jwperry View Post
    Have you guys tried the Manatee Gun and Archery Club in Myakka? They seem to host the Appleseed events every couple of months and I know they have a 1k yard range.
    just checked out their website, and I really like what I see. I just can't bring myself to drive almost two hours to get to a better range.
    "Doc, can you check out this thing I got?"
    -Every Marine, ever.

Feedback Score
    I'm in New Port Richey area(hopefully for not much longer). The Hernando sportsman club near Brooksville has numerous ranges of all types and 100yd outdoor. I don't think you can use rifle on the scenario type ranges though.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I'm not from there but I spend a lot of time in Tampa and MacDill AFB. I also spend a lot of time in the Blue Martini too

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Dude, you need to let us know when you are in town so we can get a beer.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by M4arc View Post
    I'm not from there but I spend a lot of time in Tampa and MacDill AFB. I also spend a lot of time in the Blue Martini too
    Ditto!
    For God and the soldier we adore, In time of danger, not before! The danger passed, and all things righted, God is forgotten and the soldier slighted." - Rudyard Kipling

Feedback Score

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Uin2it View Post
    Anybody heard of or shot at Gun Craft in Riverview!? I heard it's a ton better than some of the others in teh area, but I have only shot at SHOOT STRAIGHT.
    Where in Riverview? I may go there to morrow. Since I'm going too the mall in Brandon.

Feedback Score

Cool

Any of you guys going too be at Shoot Straight in Tampa this weekend?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tampam4 View Post
    Since we are missing a good outdoor range that has semi-lax range rules, what would be a good indoors one you would recommend? Who knows, depending on how many folks are in Tampa, we might be able to get something together as far as a shoot.
    Knight's Shooting Sports in Clearwater, on US19N, let's you do pretty much what ever you want as long as you demonstrate safe firearms handling. You can practice transitions and draw fire, but...you have to be a LEO or take an in house advanced pistol course in order to do so.

I used to take the course once a year as a refresher. It's a 600 round course that covers the typical strong/support side shooting, one handed reloads, one hand malfunction clearance, draw fire, multiple target engagements, all shooting performed two hand, strong and support side. The course syllabus and ammo requirement may have changed since their is a different instructor teaching it now. http://www.knightshooting.com/
    For God and the soldier we adore, In time of danger, not before! The danger passed, and all things righted, God is forgotten and the soldier slighted." - Rudyard Kipling

Feedback Score

Cool

I was doing holster drawing for speed at Shoot Straight last weekend. I was told I could not do that. Good thing I fired my last round I had left.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast