Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Taurus Judge: The latest ill-conceived self defense weapon that's selling like crazy

Feedback Score

Taurus Judge: The latest ill-conceived self defense weapon that's selling like crazy

I see threads about this gun cropping up all over the place. Listening to reports of people who work in gun stores, they're apparently selling like hotcakes. People apparently don't look past the "ZOMG! Shotgun shell in a handgun!!!" wow factor, and just swallow the marketing hype hook, line, and sinker.

Old_Painless over on AR15.com has already done water testing to confirm the absolutely horrid performance of the .410 loads in a Judge, but now Winchester has gotten into the fray and issued a PDX1 load for this abomination:
    When it comes to the safety of you or your family, choose the shotshell load that delivers a threat-stopping combination of two distinct personal defense technologies: the PDX1™. Highly effective in both shotguns and 410 compatible handguns, the 410-gauge Supreme Elite PDX1 features a distinctive black hull and black oxide high-base head and combines three plated Defense DiscTM projectiles and 12 pellets of plated BB shot. The result is the ideal personal defense load for short range engagement with the performance needed to stop threats. As you can imagine, this load is also suitable for varmint hunting and pest control.
    Ideal? I don't think so. Apparently, the latest Guns & Ammo has a glowing review of this ammo where they state the discs penetrate to 10.5" in ballistic gelatin (I find that dubious), none of the BBs beyond 5.5", and the shot spreads out to the diameter of a face in 10ft (Look ma! No aiming required!).

It is absolutely shameful that gun companies are misleading the general public into buying these weapons. Unfortunately, many people will have some dicey encounters if they ever call on their weapons to really help them when the time comes.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I hate that ****ing thing. It's the dipshit sidearm of choice.

Why anyone would think a round that's barely suitable for squirrels suddenly turns into the Hammer of Thor when you put it into a pistol is just beyond me.

How you doing, you square-headed Prussian?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Why do manufacturers make things? Because people buy things.

If all the market offered was what people really needed, there'd be less than two dozen total offerings, if that many.

If all the market offered was truly a good idea, there'd be far fewer than that.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skintop911 View Post
    Why do manufacturers make things? Because people buy things.

If all the market offered was what people really needed, there'd be less than two dozen total offerings, if that many.

If all the market offered was truly a good idea, there'd be far fewer than that.
    That wasn't the point. I fully support the right of manufacturers to make money off of shitheads. In that regard, I rather like "The Judge", because it's a simple means of visually identifying a shithead.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by QuietShootr View Post
    That wasn't the point. I fully support the right of manufacturers to make money off of shitheads. In that regard, I rather like "The Judge", because it's a simple means of visually identifying a shithead.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    This firearm and ammo combination came up at a recent NRA Personal Protection Inside the Home Instructor Certification.

Of course it is the ultimate home defense weapon, in case you were on the fence.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SoDak View Post
    Oh good Lord - like you need less lethal ammo to make that thing more less-lethal...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by QuietShootr View Post

How you doing, you square-headed Prussian?
    Doing good. That pronounced slope on your forehead finally straighten out a bit after your wife hit you in the head a few more times with a 2x4?

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SoDak View Post
    Sweet baby Jebus, what is that shell loaded with, Cheetos?

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast