Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Taurus Judge: The latest ill-conceived self defense weapon that's selling like crazy

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunderway View Post
    I think that I would just carry an extra magazine of snakeshot for a pistol that is actually usefull. I can't see the logic in buying and carrying a specialized pistol for the sole purpose of defending myself from an animal that I could kill with a rock.
    I can't either. Down here, we use hoes (the garden type, not the street corner type) to kill snakes...
    Last edited by Avenger29; 05-25-10 at 20:32.
    I'm no expert, but I took my CCW course at a Holiday Inn Express

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Avenger29 View Post
    I can't either. Down here, we use hoes (the garden type, not the street corner type) to kill snakes...
    LOL. I generally just leave them alone.

Those Taurus ads do really give me the urge to shoot at some watermellons though.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Avenger29 View Post
    Last one I killed was with a plastic liter bottle of Mountain Dew.

It was handy, what can I say.....

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunderway View Post
    LOL. I generally just leave them alone.
    I used to, until one killed my favorite dog.

Now if they're on my property, it's war......

But I never kill them anywhere else.

Feedback Score
    As far as snake guns are concerned, you can still get snake loads in 45LC, and an Italian made Peacemaker clone will run about $100 cheaper then the Taurus.

Killed a metric shit-ton of snakes in North Dakota baling hay one summer. All of them from a POS nickle-plated Italian built .45.

And if I had to actually use it for SD/HD, I'd be a heck of a lot more confident in my EMF hog-leg, than that awkward abortion.

Feedback Score
    I could see the polymer version, as an interesting option for a lightweight .45LC.

(ETA: Actually... not that interesting. I eat my words.)

.410 in a pistol though? ... I'll stick with my 9x19.

Better yet...

I just want a polymer Colt Anoconda.

**** Taurus.

Now, chamber a pistol in .50 AE and game nerds would be all over it even more.

Oh wait...
    Last edited by Magic_Salad0892; 05-26-10 at 04:13.
    We miss you, AC.
    We miss you, ToddG.

Feedback Score
    I lump the Judge in with the FN Five-seveN: It's only good for taking on the hordes of sturmsquirreltruppen. Though, at least the FN holds 20 rounds and with proper ammo will punch soft body armor...

So, I suppose the Judge is even less useful than the 5.7mm anti-squirrel pistol.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LHS View Post
    I lump the Judge in with the FN Five-seveN: It's only good for taking on the hordes of sturmsquirreltruppen. Though, at least the FN holds 20 rounds and with proper ammo will punch soft body armor...

So, I suppose the Judge is even less useful than the 5.7mm anti-squirrel pistol.
    Stormsquirreltruppen?

Bwahahahahahahaha....

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    We've had numerous discussions in the past about bad information that won't go away and the evil that is marketing in the firearms world. The "judge" is a product of both.

Short of some gun rag articles that really take Taurus to task over their stupid marketing magic, I don't see that changing.

...and despite what some people might think, I really don't believe there is a hunger out there in gun magazine land to have articles written by people with a good head on their shoulders that takes a major advertiser to task for making nonsensical claims about a weird gun.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Wayne777 View Post
    I really don't believe there is a hunger out there in gun magazine land to have articles written by people with a good head on their shoulders that takes a major advertiser to task for making nonsensical claims about a weird gun.
    More like there is a lack of advertising dollars for said mythical gun magazine.

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast