View Poll Results: For those who own these new selectors...are you a righty or lefty?

Voters
878. You may not vote on this poll
  • Right handed shooter

651 74.15%
  • Left handed shooter

227 25.85%
Page 1 of 214 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: BAD-A.S.S. (ambi selector) just arrived......w/ pics

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

BAD-A.S.S. (ambi selector) just arrived......w/ pics

Here is the new BAD-A.S.S. selector from Battle Arms Development, Inc. Its great.
    Last edited by ALCOAR; 08-24-10 at 14:19.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Thank you Trident for your kind words, we've been working on this for a long time, and its development has been rather trying, especially the selector axis that accounted for much the development time.

The Battle Arms Development Ambidextrous Safety Selector is all US designed and made, CNC machined. Coming soon is the BAD-CASS (Combat Ambidextrous Safety Selector), where the left side lever and the selector axis are machined as one unit, the M16 select fire version will only come in the CASS format.

We've never been happy with the existing, MIM ambi selectors with symmetrical levers. One lever is always in the way. We started experimenting with thin levers and short levers, and could not come to a version that fits everyone's preferences, so we include all three levers.
    **The standard lever is about the same thickness and length as the USGI lever, with more positive purchase and traction.
    **The thin lever is almost completely out of the way of the trigger finger when it's extended, out of the trigger guard.
    **The short lever isn't out of the way of the extended trigger finger completely (there's no way to make it short enough and still usable). The upside of a short lever is that due to its abbreviated length and resultant shorter radius, the short lever is quicker to flick.

The preference for either short or thin is roughly split right in the middle. One of the key design goals is to give the user options, instead of imposing what we deem best for him.

Another key design goal is that the standard lever must be better than the factory levers. Our standard lever features a 90 degree surface (to the receiver) that has broad, angled and aggressive serrations, and its tip has a larger surface area than the USGI lever, it's more positive and easier to get a good purchase on.

Some pics for you guys

Note: the production units from August 2010 forward will include these additions and modification outlined in the ongoing PIP (product improvement program):
    1. Inclusion of a KNS stainless steel selector detent
    2. A high quality T10 Torx wrench
    3. Thinner selector flat area (that interfaces with the trigger's rear tang) for better compatibility with aftermarket triggers.
    Last edited by Duffy; 07-30-10 at 21:46.

Feedback Score
    Nice.

I'd like to try one out, I like the slim profile version.

Feedback Score
    I like it. Can't wait to give it a go.

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    That's very interesting.

Side note: What trigger guard is that AR sporting there?
    Sig Sauer LE Armorer
    Glock LE Armorer
    Colt AR15/M16 Armorer
    T.O.S.S. (Tactical Officer Survival School) inst. Tom Long
    Vicker's Tactical Pistol 1 & 2 Carbine 1 Advanced carbine Inst. Larry Vickers
    Intermediate pistol Inst. Ken Hackathorn
    Combat Speed Inst. Dave Harrington
    Performance Pistol Inst. Frank Proctor

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Feedback Score
    I'll try one out for my next build. I like how you get to choose which lever you want to use. Will there be an option of buying other levers? Like if I wanted to use 2 short or 2 slim levers.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    I don't see the product on their website, is there some other source for them?
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    There were 3 that I saw for AR's but I couldn't click on it. Wonder how the OP was able to order one from the website?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Page 1 of 214 1231151101 ... LastLast