View Poll Results: For those who own these new selectors...are you a righty or lefty?

Voters
878. You may not vote on this poll
  • Right handed shooter

651 74.15%
  • Left handed shooter

227 25.85%
Page 2 of 214 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: BAD-A.S.S. (ambi selector) just arrived......w/ pics

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Last edited by ALCOAR; 08-24-10 at 14:19.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    We will offer the option to mix and match levers, please email me roger@battlearmsdevelopment.com for more info.

In the product's initial introduction phase, we'd like to have folks try all three levers. It's not easy to tell which levers, configuration and mixture you like until you've tried them.

We had the Solidworks drawings and know every intimate details about it, we had some preconceived notions on what configuration and levers we would like to use, only to be proven wrong once we had working prototypes installed

The key words are User Configurable. If a customer buys the kit with two levers, he would not be able to try all the possible configurations, therefore taking some options out of the User Configurable aspect.

We will offer individual levers, and the selector axis itself, for folks that know what they want, and probably have an extra lever they want to make use of.

As Trident said, we're in the process of updating our site, please use the direct link he provided, and Henderson Defense carries them too

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I like the concept, enough to have just ordered one. FYI, I was having quite a bit of problem with the website and secure/non-secure http content on the ordering pages.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Last edited by ALCOAR; 08-24-10 at 14:20.

Feedback Score
    As a left handed shooter I appreciate when a company expends resources and time to make a part for us lefties. I know right handed shooters can get value out of the part but it's appreciated as a lot of companies wouldn't make the effort. I have a stripped lower sitting in the safe waiting for me to close on my new house in Pa. so I can start the NFA paperwork. This safety looks like the perfect fit for that project.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TRIDENT82 View Post
    Very good point about needing to actually own the levers to find out the best suited one for your needs. I would for sure get the standard 3 levers for the first unit ordered.

For me personally the combo of the stubby and the skinny levers is simply DYNAMITE and the moment I felt it I knew my "controls" game would never be the same
    +1 to this - it's important to try out the different levers. what people need to try out is not only how the thin or short lever feels when you're shooting with your strong hand, but how well you can actuate them with the weak hand. for me, i found that it was a toss-up between the stubby on the strong side and standard on the weak side, or stubby levers on both sides. the thin lever felt comfortable on the strong side, but i had issues actuating it with thicker gloves.

BAD has the right idea - to allow the user to configure it the way he wants depending on his needs.
    after using various prototype of the BAD-ASS over the past year, the BAD-ASS is going to become the norgon ambi-catch of ambi safeties, IMHO.
    Last edited by militarymoron; 05-25-10 at 11:14.

The formerly gun-loving state of Colorado.
    Feedback Score
    Ordered the second I figured out how to get to the purchase page. Very nice find. I'm guessing some blue LocTite is in order here.
    Last edited by jaydoc1; 05-25-10 at 11:52.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crow Hunter
    You don't change peoples minds by reinforcing stereotypes.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Fantastic write up my friend. That selector looks great. I'm a righty and still want a few.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Thank you all for the kind words, we have done a great deal of research on this and related issues, and have learned a lot from this. MM's input has been invaluable, as well as other left handed users, military/police users, etc.

The orders will be shipped today, please be sure to let us know how you like them

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Last edited by ALCOAR; 08-24-10 at 14:20.

Page 2 of 214 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast