View Poll Results: For those who own these new selectors...are you a righty or lefty?

Voters
878. You may not vote on this poll
  • Right handed shooter

651 74.15%
  • Left handed shooter

227 25.85%
Page 3 of 214 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: BAD-A.S.S. (ambi selector) just arrived......w/ pics

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Another righty here who's gonna have to give one of these a try... great write up on what looks to be a very promising product!

Within the Miasma of the corruption of Chicago.
    Feedback Score
    I think I may go ahead and name my rifle Barbie. It seems every time I think I'm done building it, some one come out with another great new must have accessory! I really like the thought you guys put into your safety selector. I'm probably going to end up upgrading both my girls AR as well as my own.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Question

How is the interface with the right side of the receiver? Does the additional lever rub any or is it raised just ever so slightly? Does it (or do you think it) will interfere with any other accessories such as a BAD lever or BFG Redi-Mod?
    I am the rusted fender of the American Dream.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TRIDENT82 View Post
    Here ya go brother....i think they are in the process of revamping the site, so you have to use the direct link.
    http://shop.battlearmsdevelopment.co...TO-BAD-ASS.htm
    Booyah
    Contractor scum, PM Infantry Weapons

Feedback Score

This thing is pretty nice...

I would like to get this into our clients hand since they are looking to get different and upgrade the items that we use over here...

This is nice!

Velcro
    "surrounded Hell, Now we can just shoot in every direction" - Chesty Puller

VELCRO

.....but what do I know, I'm just a FK'N Armorer!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Gents, I'll paste our findings from my post on the other site:

We had dealt with the gap issue for a long time (one of the AR10 pictures has such a gap). What it comes down to is mostly the thickness of the receiver. The milspec thickness is .880 +.015 -.002, or .878 to .895. We based our selector axis off one of my Colt SP1s, which is 0.898 and on the thick side. We took measurement from more than a dozen receivers, even within the same company, there are variations.

Colts are usually on the thicker side, Bushmaster Armalite, DPMS, LMT and KAC are all pretty well within specs. POF and another billet lowers are notably thicker, at 0.905 and 0.911, while Olympic Arms are notably thinner than specs.

There's NO way to make a safety selector and have it fit flush with all brands of receivers, as mentioned, even within the same manufacturer there's slight changes.

The same ambi selector that fits flush on a Bushmaster, LMT, and KAC will almost be too tight for a POF. With a standard, non-ambi selector, this isn't an issue. If you haven't noticed, the axis usually sticks out a little on the right side, while some don't. This can be a problem for ambi selectors, too much protrusion on either side, it won't be as low profile as can be, and the lever will pinch your finger when you rotate the lever from Safe to Fire while its extended in the "finger outside the trigger guard" position (this is actually somewhat unavoidable, we just try to minimize the pinching).

Feedback Score
    Very nice. Double slims would be perfect for me.
    WWW.COMENTAKEIT.COM

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slinger646 View Post
    How is the interface with the right side of the receiver? Does the additional lever rub any or is it raised just ever so slightly? Does it (or do you think it) will interfere with any other accessories such as a BAD lever or BFG Redi-Mod?
    Please see the post above

We spent a lot of time and energy in trying to minimize the protrusion on either side of the receiver, there will be a tiny protrusion on either side of it and the protrusion is even on both sides.

This really has to do with the thickness of your receiver. The clearance between the lever and the receiver is often overlooked, especially for the non-ambi selectors. We have not found the lever rubbing against AR15 receivers. On the AR10, because of the raised/reinforced rear take down pin area, it could come in contact when the lever is on Safe. We may relieve the bottom tip of the levers some to create clearance for AR10s.

Re: BAD levers and Redi Mag, the largest and thickest lever (our Standard lever) is no thicker or longer than the USGI, except the tip of the lever has more surface area to facilitate flicking the lever's tip with the finger, not a 100% thing with the USGI lever and its reduced tip area.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Velcro View Post
    I would like to get this into our clients hand since they are looking to get different and upgrade the items that we use over here...

This is nice!

Velcro
    Velcro, please email me roger@battlearmsdevelopment.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
    Please see the post above

We spent a lot of time and energy in trying to minimize the protrusion on either side of the receiver, there will be a tiny protrusion on either side of it and the protrusion is even on both sides.

This really has to do with the thickness of your receiver. The clearance between the lever and the receiver is often overlooked, especially for the non-ambi selectors. We have not found the lever rubbing against AR15 receivers. On the AR10, because of the raised/reinforced rear take down pin area, it could come in contact when the lever is on Safe. We may relieve the bottom tip of the levers some to create clearance for AR10s.

Re: BAD levers and Redi Mag, the largest and thickest lever (our Standard lever) is no thicker or longer than the USGI, except the tip of the lever has more surface area to facilitate flicking the lever's tip with the finger, not a 100% thing with the USGI lever and its reduced tip area.
    Thanks for the quick reply! extra protrusion is not a problem, I just wouldn't want the rubbing and associated marks like the selector on an AK. I plan on picking one up for my DD-M4
    I am the rusted fender of the American Dream.

Page 3 of 214 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast