Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 85

Thread: New Jersey Member Roll Call

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    CO
    Posts
    339
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I'm in Morris County. Planning my escape.

    Mike

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Free Pa.
    Posts
    802
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    I'm out in NW NJ/ Sussex & Morris County once a year or so, sometimes more. Beautiful countryside, I wish it could be a less liberal state.

    Believe it or not Morris, Sussex and Hunterdon counties are fairly conservative. It's the cities (Newark, Paterson, Jersey City, Atlantic City and Camden) that turn the state blue. But to your point, this part of the state is very attractive and often out of state visitors are shocked at how nice it really is. If the state wasn't so damn goofy I'd be more than content to grow old here but I've had enough.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    7,153
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Beautiful countryside, I wish it could be a less liberal state.




    When one visits NJ via airplane they are inevitably greeted by either Newark or Philly, both of which have massive refineries near their airports. Then onto either the turnpike in the north or I-95 in the south, which are further eyesores unless one continues along a bit. This is also what we see so much of on TV, as well. Harsh urban environments.

    But beyond the cities and some of their immediate suburbs, there is a great deal of beauty statewide. A great many scenic places to be found in fact, with good people to suit. Ocean City is a perfect example this time of year down the shore. A clean, magical place to take the family, even today.

    In fact it's so pristine they won't let the fu*ktards from "Jersey Shore" within the town's perimeter under any circumstance.
    "Facit Omina Voluntas = The Will Decides" - Army Chief


  4. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    12,031
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rubberneck View Post
    Believe it or not Morris, Sussex and Hunterdon counties are fairly conservative. It's the cities (Newark, Paterson, Jersey City, Atlantic City and Camden) that turn the state blue. But to your point, this part of the state is very attractive and often out of state visitors are shocked at how nice it really is. If the state wasn't so damn goofy I'd be more than content to grow old here but I've had enough.

    I'm not sure about Morris county, but I know that Sussex is a gun owning county, or at least all the people I know there do.
    Stick


    Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

    I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...


    Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Free Pa.
    Posts
    802
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    I'm not sure about Morris county, but I know that Sussex is a gun owning county, or at least all the people I know there do.
    Most of the gun owners in my part of Morris county are closeted. They don't advertise their ownership but are greatful to talk to another gun owner amongst themselves. For instance all of my friends know that I own guns but I don't discuss it in general because my children's friends won't be allowed by their parents to come into an "unsafe" environment. I have no desire to hide my gun ownership but on the other hand I don't want my kids to pay the price.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    7,153
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rubberneck View Post
    Most of the gun owners in my part of Morris county are closeted. They don't advertise their ownership but are greatful to talk to another gun owner amongst themselves. For instance all of my friends know that I own guns but I don't discuss it in general because my children's friends won't be allowed by their parents to come into an "unsafe" environment. I have no desire to hide my gun ownership but on the other hand I don't want my kids to pay the price.


    My friend it is very much the same down here, but perhaps a bit less due to all of the current and also ex-farms. Hunting is still a way of life in SJ, even in my part of Burlington Co to an extent. Just not nearly as much as it used to be. And no one boasts of owning guns much anymore except when among trusted companions.

    There remain a few good places in Burl Co to small game hunt these days, but we need to head down to the Salem and Cumberland Co game preserves for a good quail, pheasant, chuckar or turkey hunt for the most part anymore.

    The overall relevance should be apparent. When the lifestyle wanes, so does the understanding.
    "Facit Omina Voluntas = The Will Decides" - Army Chief


  7. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    15
    Feedback Score
    0
    Monmouth County here

    Shoot at Shore Shot and Ft Dix

    Maybe Monmouth rifle and Pistol Soon

    Safetyhit, have seen you on NJGF as well. Met some of those guys in person, everyone has been great so far.

    Anyone not from NJ reading this.... There really are some regular people here not just Libtards

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1
    Feedback Score
    0

    Sussex County

    Sussex County Here! Its always been a great place to grow up but things are changing.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    4,177
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Former Bernardsville resident. Nice place to live, if you have to live in New Jersey...but I'd rather have my CCW, suppressors, and MGs, and make a little less money.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    7,153
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brisco View Post
    Monmouth County here

    Shoot at Shore Shot and Ft Dix

    Maybe Monmouth rifle and Pistol Soon

    Safetyhit, have seen you on NJGF as well. Met some of those guys in person, everyone has been great so far.

    Anyone not from NJ reading this.... There really are some regular people here not just Libtards


    Good to see both you and Stickle here. What made you guys wait so long to post for Pete's sake?


    One of the NJGF members is a local police officer as well as FFL who I buy from now. Good, knowledgeable guy who I know from the old AR15.com hometown forum days.
    "Facit Omina Voluntas = The Will Decides" - Army Chief


Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •