Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fort Knox Area (KY)

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Hey Chief... Welcome to KY... I know you piped up on my thread about trying to get a MD class in KY... I think that a RSKTKR class may work out to be quicker to get here... I just posted a thread to see if I can get people interested. here is the link.
    https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...640#post681640
    -They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security- Benjamin Franklin

-Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I Live, I will kill you. If I Die, You are forgiven." Such is the Rule of Honor.- Lamb of God- Omerta

ابن بيت وأنا كافر

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Saw that last night, and I probably need to do some research before I weigh-in one way or the other. Given my schedule, MD would have been a stretch, but one well worth making. Just not as immediately famliar with RSKTKR.

AC
    Stand your ground; don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here. -- Captain John Parker, Lexington, 1775.

Feedback Score
    Hey Chief do they still sell firearms in the PX at Knox?

Doc Williams
    U.S. Army Combat Medic/Flight Medic Retired
    1987 - 2013
    Flight Medic Class 4-95

http://www.dustoff.org/

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Indeed!

As of this past weekend, they a SA SOCOM-16, FN PS-90, KAC SR-15 (!!), Steyr AUG-A3, DPMS .308, LWRC piston gun, various FN tactical bolt guns, various Remington 700 bolt guns, Colt 9mm AR and about a half-dozen other rifles that I would have gladly taken home with me. 6.8 ammo and mags, too. I was floored!

You have to keep in mind that I've been overseas for most of the past 10 years, and I didn't even realize the PX was selling guns again -- much less guns of this quality. I almost fell over when I saw the Knight's AR. Prices seem competitive, too.

AC
    Stand your ground; don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here. -- Captain John Parker, Lexington, 1775.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I need to amend the latter part of my previous post. The Knox PX definitely still sells firearms -- good ones -- but their pricing is not especially competitive. It is pretty close to typical retail for a shop that stocks through an intermediary distributor, which is, in fact, the case.

For example, I've been shopping for an AUG, SR-15 or ACR, and did some basic AUG research as a test case. MSRP is right around $2,300, and the PX was about $50 under that. Trouble is, you can find AUG A3s pretty easily (Gordon Miller, Pete Athens) for well under $2,000. Same situation for the ACR, save for the fact that the PX doesn't have one, has never had one, and has no idea when they might get one.

I'll shop elsewhere, and just do all of my transfers through Superior or Knob Creek.

AC

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12