Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Missouri Crew

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Missouri Crew

Anybody else on here from Missouri? I am in St. Louis and there aint much going on here as far as I can tell. A few IDPA/USPSA events each month and very little to no practical training beyond a basic NRA or CCW class.

Feedback Score

Springfield

Hello from Springfield. Check into the Columbia area for more training/comp.
    "Get yourself a Glock, Lose that Nickle plated sissy pistol." Sam Gerard (Tommy Lee Jones)

Ignorance is Defensible, Stupidity is Not!

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    Here in St. Louis too.

I use the range in Imperial for indoor use and a buddy's property for outdoor use. Nothing formal. Not aware of much happening in this city as far as competition or training.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Formerly of St Louis

Now in St Charles ...that move put me 14 exits closer to the range.

Michael
    The things we own end up owning us ...

If experience is the best teacher then pain is the best experience ! ...MRG

LUKE 22:35

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    www.udrange.com

This is the site of the new range opening in St. Peters at 70 and 79. Supposed to be open early September. This is the guy who owns www.mocct.com which is the largest CCW trainer in the state. He is also a Sgt. on the Lake Saint Louis PD. I havent taken any of this advanced handgun or carbine class's, but my dad has taken both the advanced 1 and 2 pistol classes and he was impressed by them, but its his only training.

Once the range is open I will try to get him to run some kind of weekly class for 2 or so hours.

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    Thanks for the info. St. Peters is not that far and I am looking forward to feedback on the courses and range. If there is a quality trainer/course available in the local market, I am all for it.

Feedback Score
    Joplin here.

Decent public range @ Camp Crowder in Neosho. Also belong to Joplin Rifle & Pistol Club - rifle range is across the border in Galena, KS.

Feedback Score

Crowder Range

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba FAL View Post
    Joplin here.

Decent public range @ Camp Crowder in Neosho.
    I'd be interested in knowing more about this range..such as what is max distances one can shoot? I assume it is Rifle and Pistol both?

Guess I should have done some looking before I asked....!
    http://mdc4.mdc.mo.gov/applications/...n=&txtDoveMap=
    Last edited by rat31465; 06-05-10 at 08:14. Reason: added info
    "Get yourself a Glock, Lose that Nickle plated sissy pistol." Sam Gerard (Tommy Lee Jones)

Ignorance is Defensible, Stupidity is Not!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rat31465 View Post
    I'd be interested in knowing more about this range..such as what is max distances one can shoot? I assume it is Rifle and Pistol both?

Guess I should have done some looking before I asked....!
    http://mdc4.mdc.mo.gov/applications/...n=&txtDoveMap=
    Yep, 25, 50 and 100yd ranges. Also a Trap/Skeet range. All shooting positions covered and concrete - shotgun area excepted. Targets are provided @ no cost (bring a staple gun). Not bad for a free public range.

There's also a public range at Bois D'arc, which would be closer to you. I haven't been there, but a bunch of the Osage Orange Rifle Club members that shoot at our Highpower matches use it and say it's nice.
    Last edited by Bubba FAL; 06-05-10 at 21:48.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rjacobs View Post
    Anybody else on here from Missouri? I am in St. Louis and there aint much going on here as far as I can tell. A few IDPA/USPSA events each month and very little to no practical training beyond a basic NRA or CCW class.
    There is some decent schools down by Springfield. APT academy , and Bear Creek Tactical. I have attended classes at APT, and I have shot at Bear Creek. I know instructors at both and think that both are great places. If I remember correctly(it has been a while) there is a three gun in Waynesville (down by Rolla if you did not know) once a month or every other month.
    "Intelligence is not the ability to regurgitate information. It is the ability to make sound decisions on a consistent basis "--me

"Just remember, when you are talking to the average person, you are talking to a television set"--RDJB

One Big Ass Mistake America

Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast