Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hornady 450 Bushmaster...Thoughts?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have no idea what'd I do with it.
    NOT in training for combat deployment.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVAN View Post
    These will appeal to hunters....

However, loaded with the proper projectile, they offer better SD than a 12ga slug and less frontal area to deform and stop the progress through an engine block, block wall, etc...

Moderate velocity, fair SD, heavy projectile = decent harder target penetration.

Unfortunately, I believe this round uses the pistol diameter bullets in .451 IIRC.

The 458 SOCOM, which is a similar design, uses rifles bullets of .458" diameter and available out to 600gr Tungsten.

Definitely niche rounds, but they have a solid market for hunters and other specialities.
    Correct.

I think they were trying to capitalize on their success with the leverRev bullets and incorporate it into something new, sort of. I spoke with Steve Johnson at Shot and he said that it is very close to the 45 Pro of yesteryear...
    John Noveske Changed My Life.

Feedback Score
    If they made the 450Bushy so you could shove a Sig P220 mag in there and shoot .45acp too, I would buy one!!! Kinda like shooting .44sp in a 44mag gun or whatever. Other than that, I got my .50Beowulf and love it! Keep it fed with stocked up brass and .335gr Rainiers plus specialty bullets as needed.

Wow, I just realized the last time I was on here was in December of 2006!! I never posted anything though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12