Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AK question

Feedback Score

AK question

thinking about buying an AK-47 type rifle, dead set on the underfolder model with the slanted muzzle break look, i think in the future its gonna hold the best value also, i was looking around and saw the lancaster polish underfolder models and i like it, with possibly russian red handguards and black pistol grip, i was wondering if anyone has any experiences with lancaster and the polish underfolders, hows the worksmanship on the gun and quality?
    any help would be appreciated

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by wolverineSIERRA View Post
    thinking about buying an AK-47 type rifle, dead set on the underfolder model with the slanted muzzle break look, i think in the future its gonna hold the best value also, i was looking around and saw the lancaster polish underfolder models and i like it, with possibly russian red handguards and black pistol grip, i was wondering if anyone has any experiences with lancaster and the polish underfolders, hows the worksmanship on the gun and quality?
    any help would be appreciated
    There is a lot of information if you read the sticky at the top of the forum and use the Search function to find a number of threads regarding the Lancaster make and their builds.

As a note, those rifles are usually kits (de-milled rifles) rebuilt on US receivers.

B_C

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I've had a Lancaster Polish underfolder for a few years. I couldn't be happier with it.
    As the great warrior poet Ice-Cube once said, "If the day does not require an AK, it is good."

Feedback Score
    yeah looks like a real nice rifle, better get one before obama bans them all

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    ...i was wondering if anyone has any experiences with lancaster and the polish underfolders, hows the worksmanship on the gun and quality?...
    From what I understand their builds are pretty much hit and miss with a tendency to miss more than the other. I would highly recommend searching the board and reading the various threads on Lancaster builds as the previous poster stated.

I was looking at getting a Lancaster build awhile back and Templar talked me out of it. Not to say that they're horrible or anything, I've just learned to heed Templars' advice as he knows his shit.
    WTB:
    SA M-7 Classic blonde stock sets
    Bulgy ((10))/((E)) steel mags
    Bulgy T3 takeoff stock sets
    30-caliber magazine clips?

Feedback Score
    so if not lancaster then what other options can i go with to try to get my hands on a decent polish underfolder, sorry but i am not too familiar with AK builders, but trying to read up on them

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I can tell you one thing- Chet Durda who owns Lancaster stole a picture of a Polish underfolder I built from a kit and used it all over his site a few years ago. I called him on it and he basically told me to go F myself. I threatened to sue (yeah, I know, silly, but I had the right) and his wife eventually paid me for the time they used the photo and then removed it from the site. Who knows, it's probably back there...

Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball...

Feedback Score
    I have a polish underfolder from Vector I bought about 3 or 4 years ago. Got it from Atlantic Firearms. Never had any problems with it at all. It really looks as nice as it shoots. I think Vector may have closed it's doors though...?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Atlantic is showing this one....I believe Will at Red Jacket Firearms in Baton Rouge, LA built them.

If so, they should be good to go. I'd call to verify.

http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/storeproduct656.aspx

Having said that....if you're looking for a shooter, I'd probably go with a fixed stock rifle, the underfolder's aren't all that comfortable to shoot much.
    Employee of colonialshooting.com

Feedback Score
    yeah looks like a real nice rifle, better get one before obama bans them all
    I wouldn't worry about that. They all want to get re-elected .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast