• Spike's

115 22.59%
  • BCM

346 67.98%
  • Other

48 9.43%
Page 102 of 140 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1399

Thread: Official Spikes questions/comments thread (new Spikes posts go here)

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Narco View Post

My point is that I do not believe a "fighting rifle", "working mans" weapon system needs to cost 2K plus.. I believe it is a industry set standard for cost, overhead, and other operational cost. Sometimes limited by .gov contracts, and other outside influences driven by the market.

To each his own... Its all a matter of opinion...
    Agree. I am not sure why you believe that fighting guns cost $2k. The current top crop of mil-spec fighting guns are all under $1300 (Colt, BCM, LMT).

C4

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Breakdown:

Spikes 16" Midlength 1:7 with DD 12" Rail with FSC556 (Short)
    Spikes Lower
    JP Tactical Trigger
    Aimpoint T-1
    Magpul CTR, MOE, MBUS, and BAD
    BCM GunFighter..

1800.00 including optic. Rifle alone was 1150.00.. Which I will take over a Colt 6920 any day of the week..
    Those extras are personal add on's and not required. When comparing apples to apples, you have to compare basic packages.

Colt has forgotten more about building mil-spec guns than most manufacturers will ever know.

Just sayin....

C4
    Last edited by C4IGrant; 06-16-10 at 13:30.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DWood View Post
    As you stated about their SS barrels, pretty sure they don't meet or exceed the standard but I wouldn't think twice about having one on my house gun.
    SS barrels are a different animal all together. Generally, you are compromising on one end to pick up accuracy with the SS. I would say longevity and durability for accuracy, I could be wrong though. That is also not to imply anything about Noveske ( or any mfg's) barrels.

Feedback Score
    Would I be right in saying just because something is Mil Spec, there is no guarantee that it is always going to go boom when the trigger is pulled. In this case we are talking about barrels and the reality of this translates into the volume you shoot down said barrel, having the ultimate effect on the life of the barrel. An earlier post said something about when your life is on the line you want to depend on something that is of the best quality.....while I agree with this in principle.....this does not translate into a gun that is impervious to problems and I'm not even sure it is less apt to be problematic. C4...ty for your info. I am learning.......Shadow65, I love the SBR!! Nice job
    Last edited by SuppressingFire; 06-16-10 at 13:01.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    Those extras are personal add on's and not required. When compariing apples to apples, you have to compare basic packages.

Colt has forgotten more about building mil-spec guns than most manufacturers will ever know.

Just sayin....

C4
    So tell me what is operational difference betweenTHIS as compared to THIS

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SuppressingFire View Post
    Would I be right in saying just because something is Mil Spec, there is no guarantee that it is always going to go boom when the trigger is pulled. In this case we are talking about barrels and the reality of this translates into the volume you shoot down said barrel, having the ultimate effect on the life of the barrel. An earlier post said something about when your life is on the line you want to depend on something that is of the best quality.....while I agree with this in principle.....this does not translate into a gun that is impervious to problems and I'm not even sure it is less apt to be problematic. C4...ty for your info. I am learning.......Shadow65, I love the SBR!! Nice job
    To my knowledge, the only things guaranteed in life are death and taxes.

What Mil-Spec means is that there are set of guidelines that a manufacturer has to follow (known as the TDP). It states everything from the barrel steel, to the bolt steel, to the testing that needs done right down the range for thickness of the chrome in the barrel.

The question you have to ask is if a company is not following the TDP (set standard by the US Govt), then what standard are they following. The answer usually is, the standard that puts the most cash in the companies pocket. I don't know about you, but I prefer
    to buy from companies that follow clearly defined set standards.

C4

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)

Operationally? Hard to say. The measure of the quality of a weapon is the combination of its part coupled with its proper assembly. Better parts and proper assembly means that the weapon has much higher probability of being more reliable.

So the question is, does the Spike LE gun match up in quality to a Colt. To answer that, you would first need Spikes to answer these questions: https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=56063

To date, they have not been able to do so.

C4
    Last edited by C4IGrant; 06-16-10 at 13:29.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Lack of HPT on one of them, if you want to consider that important to the operation (most here do).
    Last edited by orionz06; 06-16-10 at 13:52.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    Lack of HPT on one of them, if you want to consider that important to the operation (most here do).
    Since Noveske bolts are only HPT'd by batch according to "the chart", are they suspect?
    Last edited by DWood; 06-16-10 at 14:19. Reason: spelling

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DWood View Post
    Since Noveske bolts are only HPT'd by batch according to "the chart", are they suspect?
    One could make that assessment. You should note that I run a BCM BCG with my N4 Light barrel.

ETA: Some companies dont do it at all to their bolts, so in that same breath, would you consider them to be better or worse?
    Last edited by orionz06; 06-16-10 at 14:11.

Page 102 of 140 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112 ... LastLast