509. You may not vote on this poll
  • Spike's

115 22.59%
  • BCM

346 67.98%
  • Other

48 9.43%
Page 3 of 140 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Spikes questions/comments thread (new Spikes posts go here)

Feedback Score

Spikes vs. CMMG?

So does anyone see a huge difference between the Spike's and CMMG .22LR conversion kit? They both seem to go online for $199. The only advange I see one having over the other is that the Spike's comes with an extra recoil spring and the bolt is nickel plated.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RemMan700 View Post
    So does anyone see a huge difference between the Spike's and CMMG .22LR conversion kit? They both seem to go online for $199. The only advange I see one having over the other is that the Spike's comes with an extra recoil spring and the bolt is nickel plated.
    I own the CMMG, purchased locally, that I am happy with, but given both sitting in front of me with a $199 price tag, I would probably give the nod to Spikes as they have a few more bells and whistles. I don't think you can go wrong with either though.
    This is a test of my signature, if this had been an actual signature you would be instructed to read very carefully.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    they are the same ceiner design. should work similar. spikes also has the gaskets on the chamber adapter that cmmg doesnt and of course stated already that it is chrome plated. i also own the cmmg and it works fine.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    They are both the same design, based off the Ciener model...

Feedback Score

Post Spikes Tactical?

Anyone done business with them? What are your experiences, good, bad? Their lower looks good, and so does the new upper. I am trying to decide whether to go with them for a lower, or one other company. I would like to have specifics of you are able to give them. Lets have some opinions, experiences, and thoughts. Thanks in advance.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I have one of their lowers on order. ( bullet pictogram and spider color filled in) Its not the lower that really matters as is the upper is the most important. So yes I would say get it. I heard their customer service could be a bit better but I had a good experience. The Spikes lower will go on a LMT upper. I have all LMT uppers. One complete LMT upper and LMT lower, One LMT upper with Rock River lower and now this one.

Feedback Score
    I bought one of their .22 conversions and have had good luck with it. I had a minor problem with the finish flaking (in an area that doesn't affect function) and they offered to replace it right then or at a later date if I had any further issues. That was my only experience with their customer service and I was very pleased.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have been asked to give my honest opinion about one of their hammer forged uppers, should be getting here this week, will put it through its paces and report back.

Prior to this, my only experience with them was when I needed a DD barrel nut and they sent one for free. Hadn't bought anything from them before.

Feedback Score
    I have forgrip machined from all the usual goodies (aircraft grade alum....blah blah blah)...love it. They're based in Apopka here in FL, I keep meaning to drive up there and check them out.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I bought a couple of their stripped lowers pre-Obama and built a couple guns on them. They don't seem to be as hard as some of the others I have built but the machining and finish were good.
    "The sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental." John Steinbeck

Page 3 of 140 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast