509. You may not vote on this poll
  • Spike's

115 22.59%
  • BCM

346 67.98%
  • Other

48 9.43%
Page 40 of 140 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Spikes questions/comments thread (new Spikes posts go here)

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Thumbs up

I'm an LEO for one of the Central FL agencies that tested product for Spikes. I had ZERO to do with the testing. However, I did recently purchase a complete Spike's Lower to go with my BCM 16" middy upper. It works great and compares favorably side-by-side with my buddy's LMT Defender lower. I am not in a position of experience or expertise to compare it spec-to-spec with LMT, Colt, etc. The fit-and-finish on the lower seemed top-notch and mated perfectly with my BCM upper; 200-ish rounds later and I couldn't be happier. I can say that they are VERY customer friendly and are VERY pro 2nd Amendment for everyone.

Example: I picked up my lower directly from their shop only 3 days after having requested it from them via email. I am a first-time customer...and they built my lower to my exact specs BLIND (Zero money in their hands, with three days advance notice, and I'm nobody special). All they had was my phone number and email address and they assembled the entire lower and prepared the paperwork BLIND with no hesitation. I even got to shake hands with the guy who built it for me. Every single person at the joint was polite, knowledgeable, and professional (even the other customers). Saw two other local LEO's there (worked for my agency as well, different sector) and they were sold on Spike's also....they didn't appear to be kool-aid drinkers and both owned at least one colt. I saw another customer (obviously a regular) who brought his ST rifle in with a new handguard (that he bought elsewhere, despite spike's having the exact same one on the shelf). He was having trouble making it fit right; one of the spikes employees spent damn-near a half hour getting this other piece of equipment squared away on this guy's rifle. Didn't charge him jack even though the lobby was PACKED. The technician even thanked him for stopping by. If other people's experiences mirror my own, Spike's will continue to be popular and grow. This is all I know from my personal experience.
    Last edited by BufordTJustice; 03-17-10 at 19:42.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    If there are folks quick to jump to conclusions, I think it's at least in part based on things like this
    Spike's Tactical ST-15 M4 LE Starting at: $799.95

(looks to me like someone used the

Everyone has heard the expression that "if something is too good to be true, it probably is", and doing all of that (even if the 4150 isn't exactly the milspec blend) for $800 raises a whole lot of red flags. I haven't talked to them about their rifles in a while, but if they're doing all that (and the shot peening and HPT mentioned by other posters here) it means they have to be saving money somewhere.
    Rob makes a really good point here. I originally posted the ST-15 M4 on his thread related to The Chart, and thought it was too good to be true. Now, looking at the Spike's Tactical website, the ST-15 M4 ($800) and the ST-15 M4 LE ($950) look to be nearly identical. The only difference between them is that the LE model has a CHF barrel, yet it adds almost $150 to the price. What gives?

Something is awry.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikes-Rep View Post
    Rob S. did a great job compiling all of the info for “the chart”; I would like to extend an open invitation to him to come to our shop any time.

And if he is interested, I will be willing to send him one of our M4-LE rifles to evaluate for himself…. All I ask is that he be fair. If he sees something that he doesn’t like that’s not a problem, customer feedback and constructive criticism is appreciated.

We take our customers opinions seriously and use them to make improvements to our product line.

Tom Miller, CEO
    Spike's Tactical
    *applause*

Do it Rob!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by justin_247 View Post
    Rob makes a really good point here. I originally posted the ST-15 M4 on his thread related to The Chart, and thought it was too good to be true. Now, looking at the Spike's Tactical website, the ST-15 M4 ($800) and the ST-15 M4 LE ($950) look to be nearly identical. The only difference between them is that the LE model has a CHF barrel, yet it adds almost $150 to the price. What gives?

Something is awry.
    The LE is $799, the ST-15 M4 is the one for $950. Umm....The CHF barrel is more expensive?? What is "awry" with that?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Rob S. did a great job compiling all of the info for “the chart”; I would like to extend an open invitation to him to come to our shop any time.

And if he is interested, I will be willing to send him one of our M4-LE rifles to evaluate for himself…. All I ask is that he be fair. If he sees something that he doesn’t like that’s not a problem, customer feedback and constructive criticism is appreciated.

We take our customers opinions seriously and use them to make improvements to our product line.

Tom Miller, CEO
    Spike's Tactical

Wow!!!!!!!!!

How often does a Colt rep, or an LMT rep, or a BCM rep for that matter chime in and extend an offer like that?

Feedback Score
    If you want too risk your life on a bolt and barrel that's not HPT, go for it. Spikes will tell you it's not important, but it's part of the TDP for a reason.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormy556 View Post
    If you want too risk your life on a bolt and barrel that's not HPT, go for it. Spikes will tell you it's not important, but it's part of the TDP for a reason.
    If you want to risk your life on a barrel and bolt that is mp tested before it is hp tested and then not mp tested again… that’s up to you, but it doesn’t mean shit to me!!!!
    Bass Ackwards
    Last edited by CONKLE73; 03-18-10 at 07:56.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by justin_247 View Post

Something is awry.
    You flipped it around, the M4 LE is 800, the normal M4 is 950 (diff barrels)

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by cevtv View Post
    The LE is $799, the ST-15 M4 is the one for $950. Umm....The CHF barrel is more expensive?? What is "awry" with that?
    Well, if you just buy the uppers, the CHF is $115 more than the standard, not $150. That's the angle I was leading into... sorry for the confusion.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Tom Miller, CEO
    Spike's Tactical
    Thanks to Mitch for PMing me about this post being here. I had left the thread as it didn't appear to be anything but owners saying "uh huh!" and detractors saying "nuh uh!"

Tom, if you or someone else in your organization could shoot me an email at rob AT tacticalyellowvisor DOT net I'd love to work something out to come visit you. As it turns out I will likely be in Orlando for work a few times over the next couple of weeks and/or months.

Page 40 of 140 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast