509. You may not vote on this poll
  • Spike's

115 22.59%
  • BCM

346 67.98%
  • Other

48 9.43%
Page 53 of 140 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Spikes questions/comments thread (new Spikes posts go here)

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Morrigan View Post
    Spike's sources bolts from the same place BCM does.
    Really? How do you know that? Did Paul at BCM tell you where they get them from??

They source the bolt carriers from the same place FNH does.
    Again, really?? Did FN tell you this? Are you aware that FN buys from several places? Are you also aware that FN buys them in the white, HP's and then MP's them in house? This is also what BCM does.

Spike's also sells mil-spec receiver extensions.
    Sure. So does Stag Arms.

I think that some guys are giving old information. From what I've gathered, Spike's really upgraded their product in the last couple of years.
    Not this guy. Also, if you have any questions about what the masses think, look at the poll numbers at the top of this thread.

C4

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    I am not GOTM4, but if for no other reason, the BCM Bolts and barrels are HPT and MP'd. So in that manner alone, the BCM's are superior.

FN also does not sell BCG's to dealers (FYI).

BCM uses MIL-B-11595E. I have not seen spikes list that barrel steel on their website.

C4
    Guys, I never said Spike's was better than BCM. As a matter of fact, I voted for BCM. My department's partol rifles will sport BCM 11.5 uppers when our M-16's arrive. What I was simply saying was that Spike's is getting pounded and they are not as bad as what they are being portrayed to be. They are a far better than some of the other brands out there. Does S&W, BM, Stag, DPMS, OLY use Daniel Defense barrels? Not a chance. Is the DD barrel MIL-B-11595E? No they are 4150 CMVA. But they are better than the other brands.
    As for the BCGs, Ross, the LE sales manager for Spike's informed me that they are FNH. If I had the choice of a BCG, I would pick one that is in use by the .mil and there are 2 main choices. Colt, too much money for me, and FNH. I went with the Spike's(FNH). Pretty reasonable decision if you ask me. Grant, I love your LPKs and I push them on people who want a quality one for their rifle. I know quality and what I want for MY rifles but if you have a tight budget and you still want to be in a buy once, cry once situation, you are not going to suffer buy shaving a few bucks on Spike's stuff.
    I do not enter into heated debates in this forum, ever, but I will state what I know and back up where I got the information from. Thanks.
    "Perfect Practice Makes Perfect"
    "There are 550 million firearms on this planet. That's one firearm for every 12 people. The question is... How do we arm the other 11?" Lord of War.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CoryCop25 View Post
    Guys, I never said Spike's was better than BCM. As a matter of fact, I voted for BCM. My department's partol rifles will sport BCM 11.5 uppers when our M-16's arrive. What I was simply saying was that Spike's is getting pounded and they are not as bad as what they are being portrayed to be. They are a far better than some of the other brands out there. Does S&W, BM, Stag, DPMS, OLY use Daniel Defense barrels? Not a chance. Is the DD barrel MIL-B-11595E? No they are 4150 CMVA. But they are better than the other brands.
    As for the BCGs, Ross, the LE sales manager for Spike's informed me that they are FNH. If I had the choice of a BCG, I would pick one that is in use by the .mil and there are 2 main choices. Colt, too much money for me, and FNH. I went with the Spike's(FNH). Pretty reasonable decision if you ask me. Grant, I love your LPKs and I push them on people who want a quality one for their rifle. I know quality and what I want for MY rifles but if you have a tight budget and you still want to be in a buy once, cry once situation, you are not going to suffer buy shaving a few bucks on Spike's stuff.
    I do not enter into heated debates in this forum, ever, but I will state what I know and back up where I got the information from. Thanks.

I don't think Rob or I believe that Spikes puts out crap. In fact, I would take one of their products over most anything else out there (less LMT, BCM, COLT, Noveske, KAC).

C4

Feedback Score
    I have a Spike's lower and it is top notch. Very clean and nice fit and finish. My only complaint, and it may not be the lower, is that the pmags do not fall out of the magwell as easily as the GI and Lancer mags. It's not that big of a deal it is just that I cannot do the Costa styled mag eject by flipping it unless I do it just right. However, it does free fall.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by XCRFan View Post
    I have a Spike's lower and it is top notch. Very clean and nice fit and finish. My only complaint, and it may not be the lower, is that the pmags do not fall out of the magwell as easily as the GI and Lancer mags. It's not that big of a deal it is just that I cannot do the Costa styled mag eject by flipping it unless I do it just right. However, it does free fall.
    Anybody else have this issue? I was going to call Spike's tomorrow and buy two lowers from them... however, being that the only kind of magazine I use anymore is the PMAG, my plans have since ground to a halt.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by XCRFan View Post
    That cracked me up! I completely forgot about his mag flip technique...I need to work on it!
    For God and the soldier we adore, In time of danger, not before! The danger passed, and all things righted, God is forgotten and the soldier slighted." - Rudyard Kipling

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by justin_247 View Post
    Anybody else have this issue? I was going to call Spike's tomorrow and buy two lowers from them... however, being that the only kind of magazine I use anymore is the PMAG, my plans have since ground to a halt.
    I do. It's a 2nd or 3rd gen windowed pmag that won't drop free. BUT, all of my other newer pmags drop free OK.
    It's a SAR prefix serial number.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerinTPA View Post
    That cracked me up! I completely forgot about his mag flip technique...I need to work on it!
    i know not what this is, but i'd like to see it.. anybody got a link?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 87GN View Post
    The FCG is cast for Spike's by a "known good" manufacturer (no, not the old "CMT makes parts for Colt" gag). They sourced various parts from various manufacturers, rather than using an off the shelf solution.
    Milspec FCG components are castings??

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    I don't think Robb or I believe that Spikes puts out crap. In fact, I would take one of their products over most anything else out there (less LMT, BCM, COLT, Noveske, KAC).

C4
    Exactly. I don't think Spikes are junk. I just think like you that BCM, Colt, LMT, Noveske, KAC and DD makes better rifles.

I would put Spikes on par with S&W these days.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Page 53 of 140 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103 ... LastLast