Thread: Gen4 Glock 9mm 1sthand reports thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

Gen4 Glock 9mm 1sthand reports thread

***Speak only from personal, firsthand experience, please***

Gen4 Glock 17.

First 300 rds had several FTFs (nose of round against left side o feed ramp) and when shooting 1 rd in mag to slide lock, would not lock slide back on empty mag. After 300 rds, the malfunctions went away.

Weapon has over 3k rounds through it now. 2250 without cleaning. Experienced one failure to lock slide back on empty mag using WWB around 1700 rds. Malfunction did not reoccur with hundreds of rounds of the same ammo. Have not shot it with a light attached.
    Last edited by John_Wayne777; 05-28-10 at 11:10.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlelebowski View Post
    ***Speak only from personal, firsthand experience, please***

Gen4 Glock 17.

First 300 rds had several FTFs (nose of round against left side o feed ramp) and when shooting 1 rd in mag to slide lock, would not lock slide back on empty mag. After 300 rds, the malfunctions went away.

Weapon has over 3k rounds through it now. 2250 without cleaning. Experienced one failure to lock slide back on empty mag using WWB around 1700 rds. Malfunction did not reoccur with hundreds of rounds of the same ammo. Have not shot it with a light attached.
    What ammo did you use on the first 300 rounds?

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    What ammo did you use on the first 300 rounds?
    UMC range ammo.

Feedback Score
    UMC range ammo.

worst range ammo i've ever tried. will no longer use this stuff. you can't judge a new pistol by how well it works with umc. any issues could very well be the ammo.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Assy Mcgee View Post
    worst range ammo i've ever tried. will no longer use this stuff. you can't judge a new pistol by how well it works with umc. any issues could very well be the ammo.
    But didn't the gun in question function flawlessly with the same ammo later on?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed L. View Post
    Ipso facto the problem would lie with the gun or at least the spring system...good point.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed L. View Post

this ammo is quite inconsistent. i've gotten flawless boxes, and i've gotten boxes where several rounds were sunk down into the shells, and had lightly charged rounds.

i'd used umc on and off for 15 years, and the quality control has only gotten worse. that's why i no longer use it.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    UMC range ammo.
    Going a tad OT, none of my 1911s like UMC. Does not seem to bother my MnP, which to date, has been a garbage eater supreme. Has anyone tested UMC? Always seemed light loaded to me.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    ***UPDATE***

Installed the non "Dip" cut extractor in my Gen4 G17. Still running the 0-2-3 RSA since my 0-2-4 hasn't arrived in the mail yet from Glock.

Im still running the White Sound HRED in my G17.

I fired 425 rounds total of 115gr FMJ Winchester white-box from Wally world on Monday. I shot a few drills: Dot torture, CSAT pistol standards, 10-8 pistol test, Bill drill, and the FAST test.

Zero malfunction of any kind. The extraction/ejection was the most consistent this pistol has shown to date. All of the casing were ejected at about 4 o'clock landing approx 8-9 feet away. No casings to the face or any other issues.

This is good news since the WWB seemed to be the most problematic ammo for my G17 since I got it last month.

On a side note, my G17 was shooting approx 1 1/2" left for me @ 7yds and I off-set the rear sight a bit over to the right. Shoots straight for me now. I tried more trigger finger (which is my norm) and I tried less trigger finger. The only thing that got it shooting straight was to drift the rear sight. No biggy!
    "The future's uncertain, and the end is always near." Jim Morrison

"Fortuitous outcomes reinforce poor training and tactics"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Going a tad OT, none of my 1911s like UMC. Does not seem to bother my MnP, which to date, has been a garbage eater supreme. Has anyone tested UMC? Always seemed light loaded to me.
    The stuff is super puffball. I always get some back in my face no matter what I shoot it through.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast