Page 2 of 96 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Gen4 Glock 9mm 1sthand reports thread

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Here is mine:

My Gen417 now has about 700 rounds through it. I had one stovepipe in the first 100 rounds with WWB. I just took a training class where I put about 500-600 rounds through it. The class involved mag changes and some one handed shooting. I used new Gen4 mags and older Gen 3 mags. Since the first 100 rounds the gun has been flawless.

Overall I like my Gen3 RTF 17 better due to a better feel and fit for my hand. With that being said the Gen417 is a keeper and I don't see a need to change the recoil spring.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I have dealt with (3) Gen 4 G17's at my local shop/range where I now work PT on my days off from the dept. All three we sold to the customers. 2 of them were bone stock and I went in with the customer to show them the basics of handling the gun and what not. No malfunctions in either of those 2. On the third gun, I installed a Ghost 3.5 Rocket and Trijicon night sights right out of the box. The customer let me shoot his as well because I had not shot one yet (this was the first Gen 4 I had shot). We put 200 rounds through the gun(Owner, his son, and myself) out of the box only adding weapon shield before shooting. No malfunctions at all in that firearm either.

I have yet to see anyone complain of their Gen 4's nor did I or the owners experience any issues on the 3 I have been able to shoot and lay my own hands on.

That's my humble $0.02
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

Rest in Peace - Chuck Petrie

Feedback Score
    I posted in the other thread as well.

I got one from the first batch of Gen4 G17's to one of the distributors up here in Canada.

I have a bit over 700 tounds through it. The first couple hundred were Winchester 147gr Super Unleaded.
    The next 500 or so were Speer 124gr FMJ.

I played around with it on the range for the first couple hundred rounds. Then I took the Glock armorers course and instructor workshop.

The gun is great, only malfunctions so far were the ones deliberately set up for the Instructor Workshop.

I shot it out of the box. No cleaning or lubing, just load and go.

I'm planning to get another 1 or 2 Gen 4 G17's. I like my Gen3 guns as well and won't be getting rid of them. But the more I shoot the Gen4, the more I lke it.
    I AM a CanadianGunSlinger!!!!!!

Cede Nullis

Feedback Score
    Shot another 250rds last night, 150 Winchester NATO-spec, 50 Speer lawman, 50 Seller & Bellot... no issues, brings my round count up to 900 with 1 stovepipe over the last couple of weeks since I got it.
    Did lots of strong-hand only and weak-hand only stuff, really starting to think the reports of these guns being problematic is rumor more than fact.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Yesterday I put 200 rounds through a co-workers's brand spanking new G17 G4, he put 200 through it at the same time; 400 total, dinging a steel plate at 50 yards. This was the guns first outing. Not one single issue of any kind, the gun performed flawlessly. The gun was new out of the box, no additional lubrication or maintenance preceding the outing. Speer 124 gr. Gold Dot HP's.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlelebowski View Post
    UMC range ammo.

worst range ammo i've ever tried. will no longer use this stuff. you can't judge a new pistol by how well it works with umc. any issues could very well be the ammo.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Assy Mcgee View Post
    worst range ammo i've ever tried. will no longer use this stuff. you can't judge a new pistol by how well it works with umc. any issues could very well be the ammo.
    But didn't the gun in question function flawlessly with the same ammo later on?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed L. View Post
    Ipso facto the problem would lie with the gun or at least the spring system...good point.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed L. View Post

this ammo is quite inconsistent. i've gotten flawless boxes, and i've gotten boxes where several rounds were sunk down into the shells, and had lightly charged rounds.

i'd used umc on and off for 15 years, and the quality control has only gotten worse. that's why i no longer use it.

Feedback Score
    UMC is low quality but I have found it as acceptable for range use as any other cheap ammo. The best shooting ammo I have found for the Gen 4 is the Winchester 124gr NATO ammo that Wal-Mart is selling.

Page 2 of 96 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast