Page 51 of 96 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread: Gen4 Glock 9mm 1sthand reports thread

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    Instead, I just have a cynical jackass's certainty that Glock would not hesitate for a moment to take any hint that there's a potential physical component as an opportunity to throw the blame onto the everyday user. If I have a gripe about their corporate ethos, I should probably just spell it out, instead of engage in allegory.
    Maybe recommend diets and aerobics to decrease shooter mass. Man I thought this topic was getting old but it's really taking an interesting turn.
    "Whatever it's for; it wasn't possible until now!!!" - KrampusArms

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Maybe recommend diets and aerobics to decrease shooter mass. Man I thought this topic was getting old but it's really taking an interesting turn.
    I'm 6' 6".

The only way I'm making it down to 175 lbs. is if I start lopping off protruding body parts or apendages.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    It sorta reminds me of the "You cannot ride this ride unless you are at least this tall" scenario. I got that a lot as a kid. Come to think of it, I still get that...

In any event, I will post some videos of Magsz' G19 and it's ejection pattern shooting right handed, left handed, limp wristing and holding the gun with only the middle finger and thumb supporting the frame. Hopefully the ejection pattern should be uniform. I will also video Scott doing the same.
    www.apextactical.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mizer67 View Post
    I'm 6' 6".

The only way I'm making it down to 175 lbs. is if I start lopping off protruding body parts or apendages.
    "The water's cold"

"And deep"

Feedback Score
    received my G17 back today from Glock. 10 day turn around, new ejector installed, won't be able to shoot it till wed, but plan to put 500 rounds down pipe of varying ammo and see what happens.
    "Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minuets to hours?"
    -Gordon Lightfoot

Taking up bandwidth one smiley at a time

BT
    NNNN

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    So what is the consensus with the G17 Gen4's? Is there a general failure percentage?

I still have my Gen 4, that I bought right when they were released, and it's still going strong. I did put the newer spring and guide rod in; But never had a problem with the old one.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wake.joe View Post
    So what is the consensus with the G17 Gen4's? Is there a general failure percentage?

I still have my Gen 4, that I bought right when they were released, and it's still going strong. I did put the newer spring and guide rod in; But never had a problem with the old one.
    There are no % stats. You have as much info as we do with four great ones (all early editions with original RSAs, extractors, ejectors). But obviously not everyone's experience.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The Rogers School is running mostly Gen 4 G 17's with GFA's as school guns for folks that need one for whatever reason. Since Bill Rogers started modifying the ejector on Gen 4 pistols back in the spring, they have essentially had zero problems with the gen 4 Glock 17's they have.

I just received a box back from Glock with my Gen 4 pistols upgraded with the new ejector, dot connector and RSA. Turn around was about two weeks.

While I love the Apex parts, and was delighted by my Randy Lee installed FSS trigger in my M&P Pro at Rogers last week, this is one instance when I hope he turns out to be wrong.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post

While I love the Apex parts, and was delighted by my Randy Lee installed FSS trigger in my M&P Pro at Rogers last week, this is one instance when I hope he turns out to be wrong.
    So do I. It would be much easier if Glock could have a universal cure for failures to extract or eject, in line stovepipes and erratic ejection that was implemented by replacing one or two parts.
    www.apextactical.com

Feedback Score
    I have had an relatively early production Gen4 G17 with SN prefix PHM. I immediately replaced the connector with an OEM 3.5 and the slide release with a Vickers extended version. In the first 2 months, I placed 250 trouble-free rounds of 124 grain Federal AE, 100 rounds of 115 grain Lawman, and 40 rounds of 147 grain Gold Dot with the original unlabeled RSA.

About 6 months ago, I received the 0-2-1 RSA and put another 150 rounds of Federal AE with no malfunctions. I would have done more, but a deployment got in the way

I recently received the 0-4-2 RSA and finally got to install it this week while home on leave. Today, I fired another 150 rounds of Federal AE. Again, there were no problems with feeding or ejecting spent casings. That's a total of about 700 rounds without problems and about 1/3 of that had a Surefire X300 attached. I have cleaned it once at about the 550 round mark. I'll try and fire another 300 rounds in the next week. If it makes it to 1000 without failure, it will replace my aging Gen2 G17 for personal protection uses.

Page 51 of 96 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast