Page 86 of 96 FirstFirst ... 36768485868788 ... LastLast

Thread: Gen4 Glock 9mm 1sthand reports thread

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaSierra View Post
    well, excuse me if i'm a little suspicious of some of these so-called problems.

i guess this post just set me off a bit...
    Delta - your post implies that you're questioning my integrity, and that sets me off A LOT.

If you read this entire thread you will read the details of my experience with post 2010 production G19s - four of them. Included is a paraphrase of my discussions with SENIOR Glock Warranty executives who admitted to me that the know there's a problem with their recent production pistols, and they can't figure out what it is. What I'm not sure I included is the fact that I demanded my next replacement Glock fire 200 rounds of M882 ball without failure before they shipped it to me, and one of those Warranty executives admitted that Glock had tried that VERY gentle test with several new production 3rd Gen G19s and none of them could make it without a failure or erratic ejection. His suggestion to me was that I allow him to hand-pick a PRE-2010 3rd Gen G19 from the "demo" stock and take that as a replacement for the third replacement gun they'd sent me that didn't work.

There is a problem with recent production Glock 9mms. It's not the ammo, and, in a lot of cases, it's not the shooter. Not going to say that an inexperienced shooter with weak ammo won't cause a Glock to bobble - just saying that when I and two other VERY experienced Glock armorers and shooters have consistent failures with the same pistol shooting NATO Ball - there's a pistol problem, not a shooter/ammo problem.

As a side note, for those hoping that the MIM-extractor is the culprit in all of this, last summer we rebuilt our 2005ish G19s with all new parts - including "dip" extractors. Not a single one of them has shown any issues through several thousand subsequent rounds...

Regards,

Kevin

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Psalms144.1 View Post
    As a side note, for those hoping that the MIM-extractor is the culprit in all of this, last summer we rebuilt our 2005ish G19s with all new parts - including "dip" extractors. Not a single one of them has shown any issues through several thousand subsequent rounds...

Regards,

Kevin
    This being the case, is it conceivable that they have changed the polymer "recipe" resulting in the inconsistent performance and inability to isolate a fix? We've seen recoil springs, extractors, ejectors, lowered ejection ports as fixes, and all but the last seem hit or miss...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have a March 2012 manufacture Gen4 G19. I changed out the sights with Warren Tactical, the slide stop with a factory extended one, and the mag release with the Vickers extended (all done prior to firing the first round). All other parts are stock. I just finished a 2000 round test using Speer Lawman 115, Dynabit Nobel 124, and Remington UMC 115. I did not clean the firearm prior to when the test began, nor did I clean or lube it at any point during the test. I have had 0 stoppages, 0 malfunctions, and I do not believe I have been hit in the head with a single piece of brass. Ejection appears to be strong and regular.

I understand that many Glocks begin experiencing problems at around the 2000 round mark, so I'll be on the lookout for that.
    Last edited by xcravx; 05-31-12 at 11:54.

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Psalms144.1 View Post
    Delta - your post implies that you're questioning my integrity, and that sets me off A LOT.

If you read this entire thread you will read the details of my experience with post 2010 production G19s - four of them. Included is a paraphrase of my discussions with SENIOR Glock Warranty executives who admitted to me that the know there's a problem with their recent production pistols, and they can't figure out what it is. What I'm not sure I included is the fact that I demanded my next replacement Glock fire 200 rounds of M882 ball without failure before they shipped it to me, and one of those Warranty executives admitted that Glock had tried that VERY gentle test with several new production 3rd Gen G19s and none of them could make it without a failure or erratic ejection. His suggestion to me was that I allow him to hand-pick a PRE-2010 3rd Gen G19 from the "demo" stock and take that as a replacement for the third replacement gun they'd sent me that didn't work.

There is a problem with recent production Glock 9mms. It's not the ammo, and, in a lot of cases, it's not the shooter. Not going to say that an inexperienced shooter with weak ammo won't cause a Glock to bobble - just saying that when I and two other VERY experienced Glock armorers and shooters have consistent failures with the same pistol shooting NATO Ball - there's a pistol problem, not a shooter/ammo problem.

Regards,

Kevin
    thanks for the well thought out reply.

as far as your integrity, please don't take it personally. i don't know you, and i gotta admit, i'm a little suspicious of what i read online unless i've got a compelling reason to trust the person involved.

what you just stated however, does change things a bit though, as if glock wanted to give you a pre-2010, that certainly indicates something to me.

i guess i'm just sick of the unsubstantiated claims that people are making - it seems that this has gone far beyond discussing a problem, or a potential problem, and is rather just a good excuse to whine about something...

interesting about the mim extractor, though i'm not surprised. my carry gun (a P-prefix 19) has the mim extractor, and i haven't had any issues that concerned me.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    G26 Gen 4. I was initially leery of the purchase because of things I had read online. Have now shot 600 rounds of mixed commercial FMJ(including some yucky wolf and tulammo garbage) and about 50 rds of JHP (mainly Speer +P GDHP 124 gr.) The pistol has not had a single FTF or jam. The only odd thing is that it in the first few hundred rounds, at least 1/10 ejected almost vertically. For some reason, as it has worn in this number has lessened substantially. Every now and again an ejected casing will hit my hat, but it is usually only with cheaper fmj ammo. I noticed that extraction and ejection were positive with the few hotter JHP loads I and have tried. It is still a work in progress.

My older gen 3 G19 has been boringly reliable through thousands of rounds with every type of jacketed commercial ammo I could get my hands on. It just works. All I have had to do is clean it now and again and replace the recoil spring every year or so. It is probably the most reliable "go-to" pistol that I own, and one I would never part with willingly.

I am not saying the gen4 guns are inferior by default. Mine has functioned fine as far as I can tell except for the ejection issue. It has the 30274 ejector in it, and I don't plan to change the extractor unless it becomes an issue.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaSierra View Post
    thanks for the well thought out reply.

as far as your integrity, please don't take it personally. i don't know you, and i gotta admit, i'm a little suspicious of what i read online unless i've got a compelling reason to trust the person involved.

what you just stated however, does change things a bit though, as if glock wanted to give you a pre-2010, that certainly indicates something to me.

i guess i'm just sick of the unsubstantiated claims that people are making - it seems that this has gone far beyond discussing a problem, or a potential problem, and is rather just a good excuse to whine about something...

interesting about the mim extractor, though i'm not surprised. my carry gun (a P-prefix 19) has the mim extractor, and i haven't had any issues that concerned me.

If you're going to raise the bs flag on every person who claims they have ejection/extraction problems then you're in for a lonnng day.

If you refuse to believe it, than why participate in these threads? There are plenty of forums that have guys discussing their "flawless" gunz.
    Last edited by G34Shooter; 05-31-12 at 15:31.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    gen 3 g26 with lonewolf .40 cal extractor. just got the revised ejector today. will report back after testing.

Feedback Score
    Gen 4 19 RFB prefix 04-05-11 test fire date. Purchased new for GF. Would consistently eject brass (at least 50%) at her face and chest. No other malfunctions. RSA was replaced during the last recall and 336 ejector replaced with 30274. Pistol now ejects pretty consistently to 4 and 5 o'clock.

Feedback Score
    My original post should probably have been to this thread:

https://www.m4carbine.net/showpost.p...&postcount=810

I ordered and received my trigger housing with the 30274 ejector from Lone Wolf Distributors about a week ago.

I have a Gen4 G17 PMPxxx originally supplied with:

336 ejector
    0-2-1 RSA
    and what is most likely what is being referred to as the dip extractor.

After about 100-200 rounds I started to get ejected cases to the head and face. I would say that I was getting 4 or 5 per magazine. The worst was that I had a case fall between my glasses and eye that actually made contact with my eye that caused much watering and discomfort for about two days.

I replaced the RSA with the 0-2-4, and that did nothing to eliminate the problem.

At one point I tried a LWD extractor, but there was very little change and in fact I believe it made things a bit worse.

Eventually I modified my ejector by shortening and angling it as described in other posts. That solved the problem of rounds to the face, but my cases still showed signs of hitting the ejection port with the triangle shaped scrape on the mouth. Although the rounds quit hitting me in the face, ejection still seemed weak.

I have now replaced the trigger housing with the latest version that has the 30274 ejector and ejection is consistently at 4 o'clock and several feet away. The scrapes on the case mouth have also been eliminated. The problem appears to be solved.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Kind of a necro, but I finally gave in and bought a Gen 4 Glock 26. It was test fired 6/22/2012. The pistol came equipped with the 30274 Ejector, 0-8-1 RSA, and a dip extractor.

I just picked it up the other day and got to run 150 rounds through it this morning. I fired 100 rounds of 115 grain UMC and 50 rounds of 124 grain American Eagle.

Before I was able to fire it I noticed that the slide would not return to battery on some occasions depending on how far back I pulled the slide and how far I rode it forward before releasing it. It always went into battery if I pulled it back all the way or even most of the way. It also returned fully to battery if barely pulling it back like doing a press check. The problem place was somewhere in the middle. (I only found one mention of similar issues on the net and apparently his was cured by replacing the RSA with an earlier 0-8 model)

No failure to return to battery using live ammo, however the slide did fail to lock back on an empty magazine occasionally. All of the rounds ejected to the 4 oclock ish area, none to the face. My wife fired 20 rounds and still had no problems even though her grip on the pistol was definitely weak.

150 rounds is not a thorough test by any means, but it seems to be working well so far with weak ammo. I was half expecting to get beaned in the face every few rounds and see shells ejecting over to the pistol to the left after everything I've read on the net regarding Gen 4 9mms

Hopefully my luck continues, I really like this pistol. It is the first subcompact Glock I've owned. I typically carry a Gen 3 19.

For whatever it's worth, I did see a newer production Gen 3 Glock 19 owned by my father in law stove pipe in the middle of the one 15 round magazine he fired through it today. He's probably put less than 200 rounds through it since he bought it new. Not sure on the exact date of manufacture but it was probably made sometime late 2011 if I recall.
    Last edited by sparky-kb; 08-03-12 at 17:56.

Page 86 of 96 FirstFirst ... 36768485868788 ... LastLast