Page 94 of 96 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596 LastLast

Thread: Gen4 Glock 9mm 1sthand reports thread

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by eesmith4 View Post
    Picked up my new blue label GEN 4 G34 yesterday, came with 30274 ejector and new, no dip extractor. Fired cartridge case included with gun was dated 9/26/12, SN prefix of gun is TWC.

I installed: warren sevigny sites, glockmeister tungsten guide rod with 13# ISMI spring, extended mag catch, 4.5 lb glock connector, glockmeister extra power trigger spring, reduced power striker and safety plunger spring, gen 4 grip plug.

I'll be putting 3k rounds through it in the next 2 weeks, I'll post an update then.

A G-34 should have came with the (-) 4.5lb Connector already.
    My brother saw Deliverance and bought a Bow. I saw Deliverance and bought an AR-15.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavy Metal View Post
    A G-34 should have came with the (-) 4.5lb Connector already.
    The retail models do, but the blue labels have a standard connector.

Feedback Score
    Interesting to note: When I first bought my G17 a year and a half ago, brass came back at me for the first 200 rounds, and then stopped. A few thousand rounds later, no problems, until: I took my mother shooting for the first time yesterday. Every time she shot, the brass came back at her, some even going as far as over her support (left) shoulder. When I shot it, brass did not come back, but ejected normally.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trajan View Post
    Interesting to note: When I first bought my G17 a year and a half ago, brass came back at me for the first 200 rounds, and then stopped. A few thousand rounds later, no problems, until: I took my mother shooting for the first time yesterday. Every time she shot, the brass came back at her, some even going as far as over her support (left) shoulder. When I shot it, brass did not come back, but ejected normally.
    Unfortunately, I've had the exact same experience when letting my girlfriend shoot my Gen4 G19...but for me, it ejects normal. Go figure.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 9mmsteve View Post
    Newest update-GEN417 CHOKES

Took it to the range today along with my Gen3 26. WWB and Blazer Brass. Ran 200 rounds through it doing DOT Torture. Broke open a box of Blazer brass at round count 201 (2001). I got pinged in the forehead with a casing. What happened next was worse than before I sent it back to glock. Almost every, yes every, round fired had the brass casing come back and hit me in the head, forehead or or shooting glasses. After 50 rounds I could not take it anymore and put the gun away. I called Glock for another warranty fix. I am losing faith in this gun. (The Gen3 26 with an R serial # ate and ejected perfectly all the WWB and Blazer brass I fed it). I thought for sure the issue was fixed after the last range session.

Latest update. About 3 weeks ago Glock called me and could not fix the gun and offered a replacement. I picked up a brand new Gen4 17 yesterday. I will head to the range and see how it works. It has the newest ejector and a dipped extractor but the extractor looks beefier if that makes any sense.

Feedback Score
    Hope you get a better one this time Steve.

Just to update here in case anyone missed my thread, but I put 3900 rounds in 11 days through my gen 4 G34 I discussed earlier on this page.

No extraction/ejection problems at all. I get home in a couple days and will probably put another 3k rounds through it in the net couple weeks and will let folks know how it goes.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Range Report:

200 rounds of WWB. The Gen4 17 ate everything and ejected it at 4 O'Clock with authority. I did not have any brass come at my head, near my body or anything like that. My last Gen4 17 even when it ran well did not eject with authority and dribbled out.

Very happy right now........hope it lasts.

Feedback Score
    500 rounds through blue label Gen4 G19 (early 2012 manufacture), some WWB, mostly CCI 147gr - no malfunctions or brass in face

600 rounds of same through blue label Gen4 G17 (early 2012 manufacture) - one malfunction in first 50 rounds, none since, no brass in face

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sparky-kb View Post
    Are bad RSA's common for Gen 4 G26's. I mentined earlier in the thread that my brand new Gen 4 26 would not return to battery completely if riding the slide forward right out of the box. Still shot and functioned fine other than that. Called Glock and explained what was going on so they sent me a new RSA. After installation it returned to battery no matter how slow I rode the slide forward just like the rest of my Glocks. Problem solved.

For a short time that is.....

After some dry firing and wiping down the pistol today I noticed it was doing the exact same thing with the new "good" RSA. Seems like the little metal washer catches on the metal tube that contains the inner spring just like tha last one.

Is this something that is just to be expected with dual springs/subcompacts or did I get two bad RSA's in a row?
    I had the same problem with the Gen4 RSA that came with my new Gen3 Glock. I got a new one from Glock and it still did exactly what yours was doing. I found two older ones and swapped it out.

They keep trying to fix what isn't broken to save 2 cents and mass produce parts and are screwing everything up.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Glock 17 gen4
    Test fired at manufacturer 01/05/2013
    1500 rounds of aguila 124 gr...zero malfunctions.

Page 94 of 96 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596 LastLast