Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 7.5 inch AR-15 reliability

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

7.5 inch AR-15 reliability

I am wondering if functioning issues will substantially increase with a 7.5" AR15. In the past I heard rumors of anything under 10" being a real hassle, but without substantiation.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    It's been beat to death. In my opinion, it's harder to find the right combination of buffer, spring and gas port to make them run, but after you've found it you should be good to go. Inspection of parts for wear should be escalated for a micro AR, but I would not call them finicky. Mine has eaten everything 50 gr to 62 gr I have fed it, but I do not feed it really low pressure stuff like wolf. American Eagle, Prvi, Black Hills, WWB all work fine for me. Accuracy with irons will be less due to the shorter sight plane, but me and my eotech can stay on a torso at 100 yards easily.

Feedback Score

So far, mine function reliably all the time. not even a single malfunction was experienced since it was built. estimated round count is around 2k. I even ran it suppressed.
    Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    i would do extensive reliability testing before putting one in a duty/defense roll, and i would only trust one built by a known-righteous company like NRW. or myself.. but only because i've got the time and money to fiddle with it if it doesn't run on the first/second/third/fourth/etc tries.

thats a pretty sweet lookin little blaster..

Feedback Score
    I wouldn't touch anything under 10.3''.

Reliability, ballistics, parts, etc.

I don't like the micro AR platform.
    We miss you, AC.
    We miss you, ToddG.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I have a Noveske 7.5" Diplomat (as in your pic) but in 6.8. I've only fired 40 rounds (6.8's about $1.00 a round), but it worked flawlessly with a spike ST2 buffer.

From what I've read, don't go under 10" in 5.56 for SD use (that's why I went 6.8 for my 7.5" but I also have a Noveske 10.5" in 5.56).
    For a fun gun, do anything you want.

I'm also a big believer in quality. Noveske makes quality kit and stands behind there product. You'll pay more, but you know you have something that works.

If your LEO, they'll also give you a 10% discount.
    Last edited by Dump1567; 05-29-10 at 10:51.

Feedback Score
    I have a 7.5" Noveske Diplomat chambered in 6.8 SPC as well. I am running a heavy ass 7 oz. Spikes ST-SST (they no longer make them) solid stainless buffer. I have about 4,500 rounds through mine with ZERO malfs. No FTE's or FTF's or stove pipes, or ride overs, etc. The 90gr TNT BTHP rounds that I am using clock at an average of 2,600 fps. more than enough (reliable fragmentation) to get the job done.

I trust mine,
    MadDog

Last edited by MadDog; 05-29-10 at 20:53.

Feedback Score
    I built my 7.5" from scratch and its true, its a pain to get it working properly. A lot of Fail-to-Feeds, some Fail-to-Fire's and the bolt wasn't held back after the last round. My remedy was a new gas key & H2 buffer.

As of now, it works like a champ! No problems at all.

If you buy directly from Noveske, you shouldn't have any problems
    - Eric

Feedback Score
    I had a 7.5" for a short time, ran it hard, wanted it to choke, and couldn't get it to.

Evidently the real short AR Gods smiled at me.

Feedback Score
    I've been running a 7.5 AR for 4+ years. My rifle has seen well over 30K rounds and runs flawless with everything I have tossed at it with the exception of wolf. I have also been known to run it suppressed but the barrel is pretty shot out now so I keep the can off of it.

My secret, it is a model 1 7.5" upper. Yea they get the worst reviews but my research at the time showed people had 100% reliability with their 7.5" setup.

Omi R.

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast