Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 7.5 inch AR-15 reliability

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    If I were to use a 7.5, it would have a flash suppressor on it. By the time you put a KX3 on it, you might has well have just gotten a MK18.

Feedback Score
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jj0xq637mi4

I was testing a lower a buddy recently built with my MODEL 1 7.5" upper. Thought I would share how that shitty, horribly built model one upper is still running flawlessly after tens of thousands of rounds even when suppressed and full auto.
    Omi R.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by miamitj View Post
    Thought I would share how that shitty, horribly built model one upper is still running flawlessly after tens of thousands of rounds even when suppressed and full auto.
    Arguably, people don't realize that 90% of the reliability of an upper IS the BCG gas ports being the same.

Here is a link to a newer 7.5" thread that I started that's mighty damn interesting!

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=55382
    Remember, the Founding Fathers reason for the 2nd Amendment... to combat tyranny. Sadly, when people discuss the 2nd Amendment, the opponents erroneously think it was meant to stand alone... it HAS a preamble:

"...But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security..."

— John Hancock

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Can somebody please tell me the utility of this short of a barrel? The only reason one needs to go that short is because of the design of the AR in the first place (the buffer is behind the carrier instead of above it, which means you can't use a folding stock).

10.5" is already loud as heck. I can only imagine how insane this would be in a vehicle - I'm sure you'd destroy your ear drums as you try to shoot out the window, unless you had a KX3 directing the blast forward, but even then it would be loud.

With the KX3, the overall weapon length with the stock retracted is about 25".

For 5.56, I would much rather run a SCAR-CQC (21" overall length with stock folded) with an M4-2000 (adding 5.1" to the length).

Much better would be an MP-5, I would think.
    Last edited by justin_247; 01-12-11 at 03:27.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by justin_247 View Post
    Can somebody please tell me the utility of this short of a barrel? The only reason one needs to go that short is because of the design of the AR in the first place (the buffer is behind the carrier instead of above it, which means you can't use a folding stock).

10.5" is already loud as heck. I can only imagine how insane this would be in a vehicle - I'm sure you'd destroy your ear drums as you try to shoot out the window, unless you had a KX3 directing the blast forward, but even then it would be loud.
    At times I have both back and wrist issues. I need a light gun for long demanding courses. In FEB for example I will be attending two classes within weeks of wrist surgery (most likely Ill be in a cast) so my 7.5" ar will be sweet since I will be running one handed the entire time.

Its also my HD gun. Its the shortest suppressed AR platform you will find. Yea a SCAR would be short with a stock folded but that will take away my option to shoulder the weapon. A folded stock rifle for me is only good for storage.

As for the noise, on the range it is not as bad as many would think. For HD, I run suppressed. Look two posts above for video of me running it suppressed and full-auto.
    Last edited by miamitj; 01-12-11 at 05:46.
    Omi R.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Its the shortest suppressed AR platform you will find. Yea a SCAR would be short with a stock folded but that will take away my option to shoulder the weapon. A folded stock rifle for me is only good for storage.
    Even with the stock extended it's as short as an AR-based PDW. I just don't get it, I suppose...

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Oh, and how much damage are you causing to your suppressor baffles with that short of a barrel?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I've been running a 7.5 AR for 4+ years. My rifle has seen well over 30K rounds and runs flawless with everything I have tossed at it with the exception of wolf. I have also been known to run it suppressed but the barrel is pretty shot out now so I keep the can off of it.

My secret, it is a model 1 7.5" upper. Yea they get the worst reviews but my research at the time showed people had 100% reliability with their 7.5" setup.

We can't take you serously when you are running a YHM rail, Model 1 upper, and some off brand silencer.
    Last edited by scottryan; 01-12-11 at 09:30.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Can somebody please tell me the utility of this short of a barrel?

It has none.

People get all caught up in the gas port, buffer, etc when they shouldn't even be worrying about it because the gun is usless anyway.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Oh, and how much damage are you causing to your suppressor baffles with that short of a barrel?

Alot and it also voids your silencer waranty.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast