Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Las Vegas M4C Members.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

Las Vegas M4C Members.

Las Vegas M4C Members please reply and specify if you're interested in training together or just logging in. I think this can turn into a valuable resource for us in regards to physical training with guns and getting together to learn other valuable skills as well, such as gun maintenance and discussing matters that pertain to us locally.

Due to the nature of the city we live in it is often difficult for people to get together due to scheduling conflicts. I know not everyone is interested in or able to attend training events but I'd like to see if we could get some members together and start out on some basic shooting drills and go from there.

I have a friend locally who owns a metal welding school and is in the process of fabricating target stands for me to use out in the desert, I go to Lovell Canyon primarily. Currently I'm having him working on building up 3 of them and I'll post pictures and details when they're done. If anyone else is interested please let me know and we can work out the details.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    I'm up for it. I'm free tuesday-Thursday. I have steel plates but no stands for them.
    "It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge. War endures. As well ask men what they think of stone. War was always here. Before man was, war waited for him. The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner."

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rider79 View Post
    I'm up for it. I'm free tuesday-Thursday. I have steel plates but no stands for them.
    I'm working on the stands now, metal base for for holding the wood planks and targets. I'll shoot you a PM when I get it worked out and I can get you something fabricated for holding the plates.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I free on Sunday's usually. However, I usually have my kid so it'll depend.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Irish,

Let me know $ on the target stands, always lookin for a good deal on those (lent mine out to some people and they came back shot up)

I'm free most days due to my upcoming move to San Antonio in August. Fiancee got into law school there & I'm in processing for SAPD.

Feedback Score
    Interesting. I'm available most weekends.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by infidelprodigy View Post
    Irish,

Let me know $ on the target stands, always lookin for a good deal on those (lent mine out to some people and they came back shot up)

I'm free most days due to my upcoming move to San Antonio in August. Fiancee got into law school there & I'm in processing for SAPD.
    Will do. Busy next couple of weeks due to work & travel but I'll be up for something here in the near future. Mostly I just wanted to get this kicked off and see if there's any interest.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Irishluck,

Thanks for getting this kicked off! I'd be interested in training as well. I shoot at desert sportsman, I'm a member so I can get 4 people in w/ me ($5 each) so that is an option if we want to do that. I usually work M-F 9 to 6ish so I am free most weekends and evenings. I'd love to do some night training if you guys are interested in that. I think the American Shooters guys are doing some night IDPA events but I haven't had a chance to go yet.

I'd be interested in those target stands as well so let me know how $$$. I've also got 2 evil roy (metal) 12 in practice targets, a couple of home made target stands, and a timer.

I'm looking forward to this,
    GU
    DVC
    ABS : Cars = CTC Lasers : Pistols

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I apologize for the lag time on my part after starting this thread. Work for me has been insane lately and I've been traveling like crazy! With the little time I have been in town wifey and the pup consume all my "free time" but there should be more of that soon. Please don't wait or hesitate to get together to train due to my obligations.

To help kick this off where do people think a good area to get together would be? I know of no ranges in the LV area that allow drawing from the holster & firing for any type of practice. This is in part due to legal issues and their constant influx of tourists who want to go shoot a machine gun.

Personally I like Lovell Canyon for a few different reasons. It's about 10 degrees cooler than the valley and 100 degree temps are already here. There's a good back stop and there tends to be very few people shooting out there at one time. If we can get something going on a semi-regular basis I vote for making it an all day affair and possibly throwing a lunch time BBQ while we're out there. Does anyone else have a wife or girlfriend who's interested in coming out to shoot? Who else has some other suggestions?

I'll be getting back to you guys shortly on a price for the stands.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ROCKET20_GINSU View Post
    I shoot at desert sportsman, I'm a member so I can get 4 people in w/ me ($5 each) so that is an option if we want to do that.
    What kind of info can you give us on D.S.? That's off of Charleston & 215 right? I don't know much about the place other than I've driven by once or twice. What type of shooting do they allow there? Handgun, rifle, etc?

Thanks!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast