Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wisconsin here

Feedback Score
    27 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by coyote hunter View Post
    Originally from the Waukesha area

I worked at McMiller sports center under both forms of recent management.

Currently in the Eau Claire area for advanceing my edumacation.

Anyone know of a good range around Chippewa, Menomonie?
    I heard there was a decent 600 yard range in the Eau Claire area, but I've never had the chance to go.

If you are up for a bit of a drive, there is a fairly nice range at the Josie Creek park just outside of Tony, WI.

I would recommend going on a week day if you can though. It is an open range, and is subject to mall ninjas, and dumb rednecks on weekends.

It's probably about an hour and a half from E.C.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tuck View Post
    I heard there was a decent 600 yard range in the Eau Claire area, but I've never had the chance to go.

If you are up for a bit of a drive, there is a fairly nice range at the Josie Creek park just outside of Tony, WI.

I would recommend going on a week day if you can though. It is an open range, and is subject to mall ninjas, and dumb rednecks on weekends.

It's probably about an hour and a half from E.C.

Thanks! I'll have too look in to the 600 yard-er. I havent had the oppertunity to shoot past 300 yet

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Tony would be well over an hr from Eau Claire. Black River Falls has a decent range that has been used for M4 Carbine classes from EAG Tactical. I believe Bravo Co was a Sponser. Black River is about a half hr south of Eau Claire on 94.
    [I]Life is Hard, It is even Harder if You are Stupid.
    John Wayne[/I]

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MeanRider View Post
    Tony would be well over an hr from Eau Claire. Black River Falls has a decent range that has been used for M4 Carbine classes from EAG Tactical. I believe Bravo Co was a Sponser. Black River is about a half hr south of Eau Claire on 94.
    Do you happen to have any information on the range in BRF? Especially any future carbine classes.

And also, have you ever been to Moe’s hardware there. It is quite possibly the best store on the face of the earth. I just about refuse to buy a firearm from anywhere else.

I hunt in that area so it would be one of the better places for me to go to shoot. And i would love to try a carbine class.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Moe's is the place.

I have never been to the BRF Range. I had just seen that Bravo Co, and EAG Tactical had used a range there. I usually shoot on my Dad's farm where I have no restrictions.
    [I]Life is Hard, It is even Harder if You are Stupid.
    John Wayne[/I]

Feedback Score
    Waukesha member here.

I just moved from Whitehall which is between Eau Claire and La Crosse.
    Last edited by ArmedPete; 03-09-11 at 13:35.

Feedback Score

Waukesha

Have you checked out Flecther Arms yet?

It's an indoor pistol range and gun shop. Not much, but it works. They don't allow .223/5.56 there. Pistol calibers only. They do have handgun rental, which is reasonable, but you have to buy their overpriced ammo.

I'm planning on going friday or saturday to get some trigger time in.

Feedback Score
    I have been there 3 times, its not bad.
    let me know if you want to meet up some time. I have a dozen or so pistols that I like to change it up between.

Feedback Score
    Eau Claire here.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12