• 9 O'Clock

60 26.79%
  • other

29 12.95%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Best weapon light placement?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Surefire M96 w/ tailcap switch, 9 o'clock.

Feedback Score
    yes if i could find a 6-9 volt set up with larue mount, clickie switch and an led with the throw of my 12z or turbo head 9 volt model i would be happy

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Right handed shooter and use the light at the 9 position. Vickers is a lefty and runs his light at the 3 position.

C4

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    R Moran,

How do you like your Viking Tactical mount? I'v been experimenting a little more, and may like to try this setup. Any other mounts able to drop the light like this off the top rail. I'd like to try and keep the light close to the forend.

-RD62

Feedback Score
    Im right handed and 9 O Clock is my prefered position.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RD62 View Post
    R Moran,

How do you like your Viking Tactical mount? I'v been experimenting a little more, and may like to try this setup. Any other mounts able to drop the light like this off the top rail. I'd like to try and keep the light close to the forend.

-RD62
    RD,
    I haven't had any problems, can't tell you how many rounds, but its been thru a few classes. It is plastic though.
    I sold the LaRue offset mount and kept the VT, because the VT, keeps the light closer to the rail.

Bob

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I don’t think there is any doubt that 6 o-clock is the absolute best place for the light. Every place else can give off a strange shadow. The problem is that’s not the most comfortable place for mine. Especially considering how I’ve been trained to grip the hand guards so far out with my support hand. The 9 o’clock position works well but the light can get hung up on gear & clothing. This is the reason mine gets mounted at 3 o’clock; it’s a compromise that works well for me.

Paul A. Hotaling
    Alias Training & Security Services, LLC
    Paul@aliastraining.com
    757-215-1959 (Mon-Fri 8AM-5PM)
    757-985-9586 (After Hours)
    www.aliastraining.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VA_Dinger View Post
    I don’t think there is any doubt that 6 o-clock is the absolute best place for the light.
    I gotta be contrary here.

I think the best position would be at the 12 o'clock if you could make it where it would not interfere with the front sight.
    They had no right to win. Yet they did, and in doing so they changed the course of a war...even against the greatest of odds, there is something in the human spirit - a magic blend of skill, faith and valor - that can lift men from certain defeat to incredible victory.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Guess this qualifies as a 10-o-clock position. Surefire G2 light is tailcap activated with the weak-hand thumb. The MI front-sight mount makes for a lightweight, inexpensive, and effective config. Since these pics were taken I upgraded with the G3 to nearly double the brightness

Don't care for tape switches, not the tape but because of the loose wire. Something integrated like the Surefire handguard would be nice, but way too pricey for me.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast