Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do Black Rifle tastes break down on a regional level?

Feedback Score
    I run what I like and what works for me. I dont really care what everyone else says I should have.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Question

Quote Originally Posted by GermanSynergy View Post
    After August, I'm leaving the Free State anyways to greener pastures.
    PA?
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by emfourbinator View Post
    Just kinda wondering about this, with the exploding popularity of our favorite weapons platform. I would
    take a wild guess and say that with wide open spaces in the west, you'd see more 20 inchers and such.
    OTOH, that may only be the case with EBR hunters. I live in western Pa., but have a real mix of AR's,
    thus far. Any thoughts or observations, as the AR culture continues to evolve.
    I would say it depends on 2 things...

1 What your states gun laws are like/allow
    2. What forums you frequent. On forum 1, Vender A is the only way to go, forum 2, Vender C is clearly the way, and etc etc....

Before its over I'll have 16" 18" and 20" in various styles and from a few vendors that I like...

I'd like to build an SBR, but I really don't want to deal with the ATF or the registration/Paperwork/Additionl tax and costs to get one legally... Same with suppressed...

NRA Patron Life Member

Feedback Score
    FWIW (For What It's Worth)....Those reasons are spoken by people over and over again who have never done it before. I have yet to hear of a person that regretted either getting an SBR or a suppressor. If done right, you will be very pleasantly surprised if you feel like you could benefit from SBR'ing/suppressors.
    Quote Originally Posted by smullen View Post

I'd like to build an SBR, but I really don't want to deal with the ATF or the registration/Paperwork/Additionl tax and costs to get one legally... Same with suppressed...
    "Doc, can you check out this thing I got?"
    -Every Marine, ever.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    LOL I'm way out west in California and I have 2@20 inch, and 2@16

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tampam4 View Post
    FWIW (For What It's Worth)....Those reasons are spoken by people over and over again who have never done it before. I have yet to hear of a person that regretted either getting an SBR or a suppressor. If done right, you will be very pleasantly surprised if you feel like you could benefit from SBR'ing/suppressors.
    Eh, I don't think I could really benifit much from the SBR other than the coolness factor... I'm not MIL or LE, I just go to the range as much as possible, a little hunting and local shoots when I can...

I do think the suppresser would be nice for obvious reasons...
    Although I think you would still need to wear ears when shooting, especially if someone else is shooting next too you...

I'm sure eventually, I'll be going down the path of the SBR and or Suppressor... One of the local guys that sells all kinda good stuff and machines quite a bit has me looking at a YHM setup, that would fit on my AR and my Remington 700, so I could swap if from rifle to rifle...

NRA Patron Life Member

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I live close to wide open desert washes, in a rather arid climate, so all but my SBR have zoom optics, and everything gets FDE furniture or tan krylon.
    Last edited by TehLlama; 07-25-10 at 15:37.
    عندما تصبح الأسلحة محظورة, قد يملكون حظرون عندهم فقط
    کله چی سلاح منع شوی دی، یوازي غلوونکۍ یی به درلود
    Semper Fi
    "Being able to do the basics, on demand, takes practice. " - Sinister

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Living in NJ I have a 14.5w/permed brake and am building a 18" SPR clone.

I think of the 14.5" gun as my primary home defence weapon. For that reason I only with I could have an SBR, probobly an 11.5" but alas, I have to wait until I move out of the state.

When the 18" gun is finished, I will more than likely not build another until I can have an SBR. That way I can have a Small, Medium and Large. Maybe a 20" some years down the road to have a XL lol.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I have four of the Black Beauties. Three set up for CQB 16". Two carbines and one midlenth. I have one 20" national Match set up for sniper work.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12