Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Any existing IL, WI or IN carbine drill/practice events?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jwfuhrman View Post
    Ok, called a couple places. Only 1 really has potential.

Jasper-Pulaski FWA Indiana DNR
    Ranges:
    25-50-100-200,shotgun

Range Rules:
    No Full Autos
    No Range Fee
    Sign-in at HQ building
    7-4 Central time
    Wednesday - Sunday

Its a first come first serve range, and since its a DNR range its probably gonna be busy.

The other ranges I couldn't find a number or any other info to call and see if we could do anything like what we want too.
    The range I currently go to in Huntington is a DNR range and I can tell you these fellas do not want to shoot there. From some of the other replies on here it is not what they are looking for.

Not only no full auto, but that includes rapid fire as well. There must be a minimum of one second between each shot.

If you have a pistol, you are not allowed to draw and fire. You must have your pistol out at all times and pointed downrange. The same goes for rifle. Rifle must be pointed down range at all times. If it is not pointed down range it must be locked in your case.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm in. I started one a year or so ago in the Regional starter group section with only Kevin(screen name) being interested. We got together at the Racine county line rifle club(SBR and FA friendly) once. He is active in pistol competition. Due to a work related injury I have been unable to afford a membership at RCLRC. It would be a good option as it is close to the IL/WI border on lake Michigan.

Otherwise I'd be wiling to kick in to rent a range like buffalo pit(Defensive edge has rented their auxilary range) or Racine county line rifle club as they have had Magpul dynamics, Defensive edge(iirc) and Trident concepts put on sceduled training there.

I'd also be willing to go to Indiana.

I'm a chicago native now residing in Lake county il.
    Last edited by R.D.; 06-02-10 at 17:42. Reason: Add location of residence.
    Robert

Feedback Score

re: practical rifle @ Aurora Sportsmen's Club

Here are some details of the monthly practical rifle event @ ASC in Waterman, IL:
    http://www.aurorasc.org/index.php?pa...hooting-sports

Please note that the next event is June 26. PM me for additional details. You can check the calendar for exact dates and times, for everything that we're hosting/sponsoring:
    http://www.aurorasc.org/index.php?page=calendar

Also, plans for the 2010 Zombie Shoot are well underway, scheduled for October 23.

Also, in the area of 'practical shooting' we offer monthly IDPA skills drills, bowling pin shoots, and 'steel challenge' matches. Again, please e-mail or pm me for additional details. I also have a .pdf file with event descriptions and scheduled dates for 2010.

Please e-mail or PM me with any questions about the club, what we offer, and public events that we've got scheduled. We've got ranges to up to 600 yards, with no caliber restrictions.

Feedback Score
    90 (97%)
    Ive spoken with a member of the Nappannee Conservation Club, and he is willing to help out. Seems members of the club there can rent the range for 1 day. Problem is it has to be booked 3 months in advance.

If we are interested in that, then we can go that route. Ill talk to him more about it.
    JF Arms Company - Owner
    07/02 FFL/SOT

Sword & Shield Training Group - SSTG
    - Be the Sword & Shield for your community thru knowledge and skills.

----------------------
    EMT - Parkview DeKalb EMS

13 years of serving Northeast Indiana's citizens.
    ----------------------
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    When is the Aurora drill? That may be exactly what I'm looking for!
    Ken in Texas

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    When is the Aurora drill? That may be exactly what I'm looking for!
    We're in Waterman, IL, about 30-45 min west of Aurora. Directions are on the webpage.

We've got pistol, 25, 50, 100, 200, and 600 yard rifle/pistol ranges, archery, trap, and sporting clays, ranges, with skeet under construction.

In addition to the practical rifle events, we also host several CMP shoots every year. $40-50 buys you 1 hour of classroom instruction on either the Garand or AR, and then 1-2 hours of range time, shooting a slightly abbreviated qualification course. It's great fun, especially for a new shooter that's unfamiliar with the basics of rifle shooting.

Apologies for sounding like a shill for the club. I've been a member for a few years, and am pretty excited about what we've got going on.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Sorry, I posted my question without seeing page two and your post about the date. Waterman is an easy 20 minutes from me - I used to be able to hear the old location from the house.

Guys, the Aurora drill is exactly what I was looking for. Anyone else want to give it a spin?
    Ken in Texas

Feedback Score
    HD, I think I'm in. It sounds like a good start into what I was looking for. I should be on vacation (after being back at work for 2.5 weeks ). I wish I could check out the CMP clinic before the Practical Rifle, but it's the day after. Like I've said, I'm new to the rifle business. The Zombie Shoot in October sounds good to.

jwfuhrman: How much to rent that club for a day? If we can get prices all figured out and enough people confirmed, maybe we can schedule a group class in three. I'm getting some names and numbers of instructors when I get back to work in a few days.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Jon, I'm still interested in the Nappannee idea too. Having more than one function would be great.
    Ken in Texas

Feedback Score
    90 (97%)
    Id be down for the Aurora, rough guess, how far from Fort Wayne, IN is that.

Im working the Nappannee details out with the guy right now.... surprisingly he is one of the few on INGunOwners.com that doesnt annoy me.

MagPul Dynamics is actually holding a Carbine 1 class at the Nappannee range July 10-11, I was going to attend but other things have gotten in the way and I had to drop out.... very sad....
    Last edited by jwfuhrman; 06-03-10 at 09:58.
    JF Arms Company - Owner
    07/02 FFL/SOT

Sword & Shield Training Group - SSTG
    - Be the Sword & Shield for your community thru knowledge and skills.

----------------------
    EMT - Parkview DeKalb EMS

13 years of serving Northeast Indiana's citizens.
    ----------------------
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast