Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Your funniest story from an AR class

Feedback Score
    My advice would be to move forward and take a class. Things like IPSC/ IDPA/SASS are fun, but unless you have a clear understanding and can seperate games from fighting they can be detrimental.

There are are great number of people teaching- some are viable and some are not, but no matter where you go, make an effort to not fall in love with a single place/ instructor/ doctrine; and bring back at least two things from every class that you can use.

Feedback Score
    One of the funniest experiences happened at a Pat Rogers carbine class in Casa Grande, AZ... at my expense. Pat drilled in from the very beginning not to run the guns dry. I laughed, hee'd and haw'ed at all the others who ran their guns dry and Pat would say.., "Correct me if I am wrong, but, didn't we cover not running the guns dry sometime earlier during this class???"

Well, day two, I am shooting and damn if I didn't run the gun dry... I nervously glance over to my left and see both Tim Lau and Pat Rogers over on the left flank helping a fellow student... "Whew! I am in the clear, they didn't see me!" I thought...

Thought is just that... Just as I stealthily executed my reload... behind me to my right, I hear this choking sound and look to my surprise to see Pat awarding me the moose cock prize...

Pat, if you have that picture, it would great to post here...it was posted on 10-8, and was a riot.

Moral of the story is... nothing escapes Pat and nothing escapes Tim... how they covered that ground so quickly and were able to get that picture was priceless.... Oh, and don't run the gun dry...

Y-

Feedback Score
    Standing behind the line i am in constant eyeball motion, looking for those things that are out of place. Safety is of course primary, but evil things are also in the mix/
    When you have a switched on class (and that one was) the odd man (That Guy) stands out like a turgid member at swim practice....
    That wasn't my pic, but i'll track it down!

Feedback Score
    And if Pat doesn't see you- for God's sake, don't confess!

Feedback Score
    Oh yeah, the guilty party always confesses- not verbally, but confesses nevertheless.
    All i have to do is state "Close the dustcover" and 3/4 of the line will surreptiously run their finger down to see if i was looking at them.
    No, i don't see everything.

But i see you.......

Feedback Score
    I didn't confess for Christ's sake, there was a photo that made me confess...

I swear, I had that, "where the **** did you come from?!" look on my face when Pat appeared next to me...

I swear, that is the funniest damn thing that ever happened to me in a class...

Y-

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Yeah, that guy sees everything....

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Harv
    Yeah, that guy sees everything....
    And that is what you pay me for....
    Except the pink chair and the jorts. Yecchh.....

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    "Do we have any theology majors in the class to verify the round count for the day??", Pat Rogers.

"Yes, I majored in theology!", Random Shooter on the Line...

"Is theology some sort of math major?", USMC Lance Corporal...

His perplexed look when his GySGT explained that it was a joke was classic. While he had seen the horrors of war he was still "innocent" enough to be fooled by Pat's mockery of the "sciences".

Feedback Score
    Actually i asked for a theology major, and when he admitted to it, i told him he was in charge of the round count- much to his chagrin...
    The Marines comments ere priceless, and o really enjoyed that part of the day!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast