Page 1 of 172 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Battle Comp muzzle brake

Feedback Score

Battle Comp muzzle brake

http://battlecomp.com/

Anyone try this yet?

Shopping for brakes and this looks very interesting.

DocGKR mentioned his favorable impression of this brake in a thread here in m4c. Supposed to significantly reduce recoil with blast and flash subjectively comparable to an A2.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

Thumbs up

Yes.

I got one for T&E and put it on my 11.5" SBR. I only have about ~150 rounds through it so far but my initial reaction is that I'm very impressed with how it affects the recoil impulse of the gun - very flat, the dot stays on target even shooting. I plan a more detailed write-up after some more usage. I can't wait to shoot it some more
    --Josh H.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I wonder how loud it is compared to other comps?
    Roger Wang
    Forward Controls Design
    Simplicity is the sign of truth

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    Yes.

I got one for T&E and put it on my 11.5" SBR. I only have about ~150 rounds through it so far but my initial reaction is that I'm very impressed with how it affects the recoil impulse of the gun - very flat, the dot stays on target even shooting. I plan a more detailed write-up after some more usage. I can't wait to shoot it some more
    Cool!! I saw the video on their site, that m16 hardly moved at all! That wouldn't happen to be you would it?

Like Duffy, I'm also interested in the blast. Can you compare it to other brakes/comps you've tried?

Feedback Score
    Doc did a nice mini-review in an FSC556 thread here:

http://m4carbine.net/showpost.php?p=670640&postcount=23

I'm liking the looks of this - especially since I'm behind enemy lines in MA...

Feedback Score
    Yup, that's where I saw it too, thanks for linking it here.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by glen View Post
    Cool!! I saw the video on their site, that m16 hardly moved at all! That wouldn't happen to be you would it?
    Nope, not me. I'm just an engineering dork in OK that was lucky enough to get to try one out.

Quote Originally Posted by glen View Post
    Like Duffy, I'm also interested in the blast. Can you compare it to other brakes/comps you've tried?
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
    I wonder how loud it is compared to other comps?
    I don't have another SBR to try it out next to it, but my primary AR is a 16" midlength with a UBR, TR24, 12" rail, and PWS FSC556. It's a heavy musket, and shoots really smooth and flat. I'd need to shoot them side-by-side to compare, but the Battlecomp makes my SBR shoot just as flat. There's still a little more recoil, I think, mostly due to the fact it weighs probably 3 lb. less, but it's very linear, and straight to the shoulder.

I've never found the FSC556 to be particularly obnoxious, and the Battlecomp isn't either. It's very much a "thump" - not a teeth rattler like some of the brakes I was exposed to back during AWB days. It was loud with an A2, and it's still loud with the Battlecomp - personally I don't think it's noticeably louder with my usual ear pro. If someone wants to come do a "no ear pro" test, with me I'll see about getting some liability waivers written up As an observer close by, it's loud too of course, but while you feel a concussive force, there isn't the directed blast in your face of other brakes/comps. I think this is a function of how it's dissipating the gases more uniformly vs. channeling it like other comps.
    Last edited by LOKNLOD; 06-01-10 at 11:03. Reason: Further detail; I had cut post short to attend a meeting :rolleyes:
    --Josh H.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    I'm about to put my T&E Battle Comp onto my work gun. I will post back with more info too. I will get some video up this week.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the feedback, sounds very viable so far, looking forward to the detailed reviews!

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I love the free market. It gives us the PWS FSC556, the KAC triple brake and now this.
    "Intelligence is not the ability to regurgitate information. It is the ability to make sound decisions on a consistent basis "--me

"Just remember, when you are talking to the average person, you are talking to a television set"--RDJB

One Big Ass Mistake America

Page 1 of 172 1231151101 ... LastLast