Thread: Battle Comp muzzle brake

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    INTERESTED!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chayse View Post
    That is a Wicked Fireball....
    The 3T hadn't been cleaned in some absurd number of rounds, IIRC, leading to that condition. I don't know what kind of round counts the BC has down the tube without cleaning or how that impacts the performance of the BC...but just eyeballing it there would seem to be more margin for error on the BC.

I'm sure PRGodfather can shed more light on the BC's maintenance requirements (if any) than I can.
    Last edited by John_Wayne777; 06-01-10 at 14:09.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Looks to be a well thought out product. I will be checking on availability so I can try a couple out on different rifles. Any idea when you will have more in black available?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by d90king View Post
    Looks to be a well thought out product. I will be checking on availability so I can try a couple out on different rifles. Any idea when you will have more in black available?
    You're in my local area. when I receive mine, you are welcome to check it out.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I will have more in about 20 days. In the meantime, I have two distributors who may have some left:

theshootist@comcast.net
    joebazooks@aol.com

You may also want to check with Bullseye (www.bullseyeusa.com) in Marin County, CA -- they have a small amount, also.

That's the best I can do for now -- as we had no idea folks would love it as much as they apparently do...

Be safe,
    Alan

Quote Originally Posted by d90king View Post
    Last edited by PRGGodfather; 06-02-10 at 16:27.
    Battle Comp Enterprises, LLC
    World Class Tactical Compensators
    California Legal Compensators
    100% American Made
    www.battlecomp.com
    sales@battlecomp.com
    (650) 678-0778

1 Samuel 17:49 / Romans 13: 1-4 / Isaiah 6:8 / Psalms 144:1 / Matthew 12:30

Feedback Score
    29 (100%)
    We are developing a slightly longer, pre-drilled BattleComp 1.5 for AR15 users with 14.5" barrels who need a 1.5" BattleComp to reach 16" barrel length. We are just waiting to see how the 1.0 does before binging the BattleComp 1.5 to market.
    Nice! Very interested. Thank you!

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Wayne777 View Post
    The 3T hadn't been cleaned in some absurd number of rounds, IIRC, leading to that condition. I don't know what kind of round counts the BC has down the tube without cleaning or how that impacts the performance of the BC...but just eyeballing it there would seem to be more margin for error on the BC.

I'm sure PRGodfather can shed more light on the BC's maintenance requirements (if any) than I can.
    How exactly DO you clean out these types of brakes? Do you just make sure the slits are not covered up or do you have to stick a bronze brush in there and start scrubbing?

Feedback Score
    41 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    How exactly DO you clean out these types of brakes? Do you just make sure the slits are not covered up or do you have to stick a bronze brush in there and start scrubbing?

I just liberally bathe and scrub mine with Slip 2000 carbon cutter and a USGI nylon brush every 1-2k rounds.

Feedback Score
    The tripple tap certainly doesn't help much with muzzle flash, at least not when it gets dirty:

I don't know what sort of cleaning the BC requires, but just looking at the brake it seems as though cleaning wouldn't be much of a concern given the size of the cutouts in the comp. It looks like it would be harder for debris to lodge in the brake and accumulate with that approach vice the smaller slits in the KAC offering. I'm going to run it for at least 1500 rounds without cleaning. I'll post some pics of how it looks.
    Don't normally take pics off of here but thank for the new background for my laptop

Feedback Score
    That photo of the Triple Tap is not representative of what you usually get with a 3T that has been cleaned. In February, I shot Costa's carbine at a course and was quite impressed with the Triple Tap. Ammunition selection and cleaning go along way towards mitigating flash.

I'm one of the battlecomp guys, so take that into consideration when reading this post.

Page 4 of 172 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast