Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Meal replacements

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Meal replacements

Night owls know what I am talking about. It's either fast food or junk food at the local watering hole on duty.
    I'd rather have a meal replacement (shake or whatever) for my meals at work instead of a heart clogging burger until I can get home and eat a nice meal. When I say nice, I mean healthy.
    Can anyone recommend a "healthy" meal replacement shake? I would like to keep the carbs down as well.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I'm not an LEO, but i've been eating a power bar for breakfast and lunch and a regular meal for supper. The power bars taste pretty good (I like the peanut butter) and are surprisingly filling, yet you don't feel all bloated and gross. Plus they do give you a little energy pick-me-up. I've tried shakes and other protein/meal replacement bars and I like these the best.

Oh, you can get them in bulk at Sam's if you like them.
    Last edited by jmcrawf1; 06-02-10 at 15:45.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Clif Bars are working for me.
    "I'm not saying I invented the turtleneck. But I was the first person to realize its potential as a tactical garment. The tactical turtleneck! The... tactleneck! - Sterling Archer"
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important
    than one's fear. The timid presume it is lack of fear that allows the brave to act when the timid do not."

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Make some beef jerky, and take that along!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmcrawf1 View Post
    I'm not an LEO, but i've been eating a power bar for breakfast and lunch and a regular meal for supper. The power bars taste pretty good (I like the peanut butter) and are surprisingly filling, yet you don't feel all bloated and gross. Plus they do give you a little energy pick-me-up. I've tried shakes and other protein/meal replacement bars and I like these the best.

Oh, you can get them in bulk at Sam's if you like them.
    I've never been able to stomach the taste of any kind of power bar. Bars that have protein are that much worst to me.

For meal replacement, I use the Wal-Mart version of Slim Fast.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I never really liked Power Bars. They are just not appetizing for me. Never tried Clif yet.. I'll give it a shot.

Is Slim Fast or the equiv filling at least? I don't want to be hungry 5 minutes later. That would suck.

Feedback Score
    I'm not a night owl, but I'm too lazy to make breakfast. This is what I do...

Couple hard-boiled eggs, banana, another in-season fruit or fresh berries, and handful of cashews/almonds/walnuts. The hard-boiled eggs can stay unrefrigerated for a couple hours without spoiling. The rest are good all day. Use a small lunch bag with blue ice in warmer weather.

Leave it all in the fridge the night before. Grab the bag as you head out the door, eat when convenient... nothing to heat before or clean afterward.

Shakes and bars are good for about 2 weeks, then I get sick of them and can't touch them for several months.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I will second the Cliff Bars they are awesome. And the best part no Corn syrup crap. Very healthy and taste great.
    [I]Life is Hard, It is even Harder if You are Stupid.
    John Wayne[/I]

Feedback Score
    I've never had a Cliff Bars, however every other power bar that I have ever eaten sucked. I could never eat one in place of a meal. I'm still hungry after eating one.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVAN View Post
    Clif Bars are working for me.
    I wholeheartedly agree. I think I have 5 boxes of Chocolate Chip Clif bars in my pantry. It is the one power bar/energy bar that I feel like I am eating candy (which is sorta true) and enjoy chowing down on.
    "Doc, can you check out this thing I got?"
    -Every Marine, ever.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast