Thread: (FULL/CLOSED) Survival Handgun at Culpeper, VA July 10-11 2010

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

(FULL/CLOSED) Survival Handgun at Culpeper, VA July 10-11 2010

Survival Handgun

Dates: July 10-11, 2010

Course Cost: $200 100% satisfaction guaranteed or full refund at end of course

Range Fee: $30 Non-Refundable

Class Size: 8 Shooters Max, 4 Shooters Min

Instructors: Noel Robleto and Aaron Roth

About Us: Virginia Tactical was recently formed to provide dynamic handgun skills to shooters who are dedicated to becoming proficient with their firearms and want to push themselves to their max potential.

I am a former infantry Marine with extensive firearms experience. I have four tours overseas including Iraq, Afghanistan, Haiti and southeast Asia in an infantry capacity. I taught at the USMC High Risk Personnel Course for 3 years, and shot on the Marine Corps 3 Gun team for one. I have numerous shooting courses under my belt, and have graduated from multiple federal law enforcement schools. I am also a certified NRA Law Enforcement Instructor in handgun and shotgun. A copy of my DD-214 can be supplied on request.

Mr. Aaron Roth has a similar shooting background and we have worked together for the last 4 years as Marines and providing training to various police agencies, task forces, and other government agencies. Aaron served in the infantry for 4 years and was the HRP Chief Instructor for 3 years. He also shot on the Marine Corps pistol team, where he became a Distinguished Pistol Shooter.

Course Info: This is a 2 day dynamic handgun course that will provide shooters with a foundation to build a solid shooting background. The course will go much farther than the basics, and will drive the shooter past his capabilities and expose weaknesses and strengths from shooters of intermediate to high level proficiency. We will work on speed and accuracy, and drive home the necessity to deliver accurate shots at high speeds in order to survive a gunfight. Shooters are expected to come to this course with an open mind. We will explore all aspects that make a solid gunfighter from mindset to ground shooting. This is an intensive shooting course, so be prepared to sweat. The staff will demonstrate and perform all the skills they expect the students to perform. If we can't do it, we don't expect our students to do it.

We do not believe that our techniques are the only way to do a certain skill set; rather, we hope you will try our techniques out and put them through the meatgrinder with your current techniques. At the end of the course you are free to take what you decide will work best for you, and leave what you didn't like.

Not all shooters will be graduating with the same certificate. We have a challenging qualification course. From novice to advanced, shooters will be challenged throughout the course. This is not a course for a beginner shooter who has barely picked up his gun. The course is aimed at intermediate level shooters who can shoot straight under no stress, but want to learn how to fight with their handguns and work on advanced techniques.

Prerequisites:

1. Draw from your holster at 7 yards and engage an IPSC sized target anywhere on the target with 1 round in 2.50 seconds (concealed or open carry).
    2. Draw and hit a 4" circle at 5 yards with 2 shots with no time limit.

Any students that cannot make these prerequisites on day 1 after a small warm up will be asked to leave, and tuition will be refunded. This is not to scare anyone, but this course is not aimed at a brand new shooter.

Required Equipment:

- Semi auto handgun from a reputable manufacturer
    - 1200 rounds of ammunition
    - Enough magazines that the shooter can carry 45 rounds on his/her person
    - Holster with or without retention
    - Magazine pouches that allow the ability to carry 45 rounds of filled magazines
    - Wrap around eye protection (we will be shooting on steel as well as paper)
    - Concealment garment (optional, all instructors will be shooting from concealed)
    - Packed lunch for both days
    - Plenty of water
    - Positive mental attitude

What you will learn: The shooter will not only learn a plethora of skills, but in a unique manner. We teach techniques that will serve as a foundation for follow on techniques throughout the course and real life. We will work on economizing your movements and allow you to be proficient in all aspects of gun fighting. Targets get refaced after every skill set - no shooting on dirty targets for a whole day. Most of these skills will be tested in isolation during qualification. You will do the qual 2 times during the course, and your best score out of 2 is taken.

Topics Covered:

- Shooting platform
    - Presentation
    - Stoppages: Reloads
    - Stoppages: Immediate Action
    - Stoppages: Remedial Action
    - Multiple shots
    - Multiple targets
    - Kneeling
    - Shooting on the move
    - Failure to stop
    - One handed shooting
    - Discrimination
    - Ground shooting
    - Use of barricades
    - Vehicle ambush
    - Scenarios

Contacting us: Our website is under construction but can be seen at www.virginia-tactical.com. For now you can message me via the forums or at noel@virginia-tactical.com. If you are interested in attending this course let me know and we will get you locked on. You can check out pictures of our pilot course that just went on by looking at my user profile under albums.

Thank you for your interest.
    Last edited by VirginiaTactical; 06-10-10 at 12:06. Reason: full
    Noel A. Robleto
    Instructor / Owner
    Virginia Tactical
    noel@virginia-tactical.com
    703-439-9321