Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Has the min 200 posts in GD helped?

Feedback Score

Has the min 200 posts in GD helped?

Just wondering if anyone thinks that this has helped anything?

I know the people that come here and only want to see 5 new posts a week are happy, but I can honestly say I log in a lot less now. It is sad to see people prefacing their posts with "I am trying to cut down the amount I post", when they are the people that post things that I come here to read. Seems like this is just hurting this DISCUSSION board more than anything.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I think so. I don't see a bunch of pissing, moaning, and bickering over a dumbass non-gun-related topic.

I cried myself to sleep for two nights when the rule took effect, but now I'm ok.

I also discovered by accident that those who pony up to support the site can post in GD with less than 200 posts. That works out pretty well. If you're a jackass in GD, at least you're a paying jackass.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by perna View Post
    Just wondering if anyone thinks that this has helped anything?

I know the people that come here and only want to see 5 new posts a week are happy, but I can honestly say I log in a lot less now. It is sad to see people prefacing their posts with "I am trying to cut down the amount I post", when they are the people that post things that I come here to read. Seems like this is just hurting this DISCUSSION board more than anything.
    It seems to be working as planned. The members with under 200 posts are utilizing the other forums more than the GD. Since M4C is a TECHNICAL based firearms forum, we do not want the the bulk of the posts/discussions to be happening in the GD forum.

The majority of the infractions issued, locked threads and problems came out of the GD forum. We have a lot less of them now. This is a good thing.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by truthseeker View Post
    I think so. I don't see a bunch of pissing, moaning, and bickering over a dumbass non-gun-related topic.

I cried myself to sleep for two nights when the rule took effect, but now I'm ok.

I also discovered by accident that those who pony up to support the site can post in GD with less than 200 posts. That works out pretty well. If you're a jackass in GD, at least you're a paying jackass.
    Site Sponsor's do get GD access and EE access (no matter their post count). The reason is that if people are willing to contribute their hard earned money to the forum, they are most likely interested in the forum and contributing in a positive manner.

Feedback Score
    NO.

I wanted to give some useful input to the Oxpho-Blue thread, but was unable to do so. I used to work as a gunsmith and had used it regularly. I won't know how many post I have until I see this one on there.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    i really dont think it has helped but who am i to say i dont read there because i cant post in there.
    Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

- I prefer liberty with danger to peace with slavery

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DTHN2LGS View Post
    NO.

I wanted to give some useful input to the Oxpho-Blue thread, but was unable to do so. I used to work as a gunsmith and had used it regularly. I won't know how many post I have until I see this one on there.

200 posts.

You know you can always PM the OP with your info.

C4

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    I think it's helped quite a bit.
    It is bad policy to fear the resentment of an enemy. -Ethan Allen

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Yep, I think its helped as well. I think some of the consolidation of "problem" threads and the more aggresive stance of the mods has also helped.

Feedback Score
    I have been away for a bit and missed all the changes...........guess I am caught up now! Seems like a good idea.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast