Thread: Non-slip AK buttpad?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Non-slip AK buttpad?

What are you all using on your AK's for a non-slip butt pad? I like the short warsaw length stock on my SGL21 but am not enamored of the friction-free steel buttpad. What are my options?

Feedback Score
    Stair tread grip tame at your local home improvement store is cheapest/easiest.

If that won't stick, and you're not concerned about the resale value of that one particular part, try some JBWeld or other epoxy and texture it as it is drying. Dying is easy if you like tacti-black.
    Last edited by 4thPointOfContact; 02-05-11 at 14:14.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I actually bought a cheap knock-off (UTG) of the Eastern Block rubber butt pad. It adds two inches to the Warsaw length stock so for me it was a no go. That and it is hard as the steel plate itself.

I like the grit tape idea.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have grip tape, which I have liberally applied to a couple of pistols. I think what I may do is use some rubber/texured paint on the stock buttpad. What do you think of that? Anyone try it or something similar?

Feedback Score
    I have used truck bed liner with great success on my Vltor modstocks.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Lightbulb

Plasti Dip may work as well. I have can laying around from when I treated some metal AK sling attachments to silence them and keep them from marking the finicky Eastern bloc finish.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I think I am leaning towards using the textured truck bed liner repair product that comes in small tin cans. Any experience, anyone?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I never got around to doing it on mine, but was leaning towards plasti-dip or the bed liner too.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I'll take that as a "semi-endorsement" coming from Tactical Yellow Visor!

Next weekend I will track down a can of the Plastic-Cote Bed Liner Spray and give it a whirl.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kmrtnsn View Post
    I think I am leaning towards using the textured truck bed liner repair product that comes in small tin cans. Any experience, anyone?
    I've seen a few guys coat rifle stocks with that stuff. Comes out looking good.