Thread: compression socks?

Feedback Score

compression socks?

does any one have experience with these items ( www.2XU.com ). my wife purchase a pair of calf compression sock for me. due to a knee injury i have not been able to test them. very expensive product IMO.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    From my experience as a competitive runner, they are not worth the money.

They might serve some recovery benefit for elite athletes, but if you are not going for world records I would pass.

Feedback Score
    I wear ones like these, just from the local medical wharehouse, when I'm on long flights, especially overseas. If nothing else, they keep my socks from falling down when I'm window seat and reaching down to pull them up would wake everyone up . Keeps my feet from getting 'puffy' and I feel like I'm doing my part to avert DVTs.
    Last edited by FromMyColdDeadHand; 06-07-10 at 08:44.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    I have a pair and when I was training for several half marathons, I would use them after long runs. Never could get into wearing them while running. They do help some with recovery, though.
    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Compression stockings like TED hose have been shown to do nothing to prevent DVT in postoperative patients.

Wear 'em for comfort (if they're comfortable), not for health.